DIRECTOR - TAX
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This colleague will be responsible for the preparation of the corporate federal and state income tax returns, estimated tax projections and tax provision analysis. Responsibilities will also include some technical research and analysis in connection with tax planning, mergers & acquisitions and audits.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Finance team. This group records, analyzes, reports and optimizes to maintain the bank’s financial health, while following principles and legislation to ensure we're doing what's right.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Responsible for the consolidated financial statement reporting of income taxes and separate legal entity reporting in accordance with ASC 740 and IAS 12; includes the FIN 18 intra-period calculation and determination of discreet items, on both a consolidated and separate legal entity basis, to ensure accuracy.
* Managing all aspects of financial reporting for income taxes, including external auditor relationship, effective tax rate, tax forecasting, impact of M&A and non-GAAP tax model.
* Responsible for all aspects of federal, state and international income tax filings.
* Coordinate all tax reporting, compliance and planning activities with parent company home office.
* Manage internal and external audits by analyzing and reviewing information requests and collaborating in the resolution of audit issues.
* Ensure compliance with tax accounting SOX processes, controls, and maintain appropriate documentation.
* Liaise with accounting policy and Controller group to assess implications of present and proposed FASB and SEC pronouncements related to accounting for income taxes.
* Provide US GAAP tax technical accounting to Tax and Finance teams.
* Manage the tax team’s contribution to merger and acquisition initiatives including modeling, diligence, and integration matters.
* Primary liaison with other internal and external stakeholders to provide tax advice and identify tax planning opportunities;
* Advise senior management of the business impact of new tax laws and related income and transaction tax regulations, court decisions and proposed tax legislations;
* Develop and implement tax aspects of finance and operation processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
* Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.);
* Completes all required training.
* Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
* All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National’s PRIDE statement.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance, General Business or Accounting
* Minimum of 10 years relevant tax experience in both public accounting and industry
* CPA - Certified Public Accountant
Skills and Knowledge
* Master’s in Tax or equivalent preferred
* Previous experience in banking preferred
* Working knowledge of Federal, State and City tax code and regulations.
* Working knowledge of financial/accounting reporting systems and software tools.
* Working knowledge of GAAP principles and internal control procedures.
* Must have good presentation skills, organizational skills, quantitative analysis skills.
* Ability to build positive relationships and work cooperatively both within the Finance Division and throughout the bank.
* Effective project management skills; strong quantitative analysis skills and knowledge of financial/accounting reporting systems and software tools and GAAP principles and internal control procedures.
Starting base salary: $191,782 - $259,460 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank