The Director, Product Development – Diabetes Care will be responsible for all product innovation and renovation projects across all Splenda Branded Diabetes Care products. In this role the Director will execute development from concept to production.
The Director is the company’s technical ambassador of the Splenda™ brand and performs as the expert in understanding the nutritional and health needs of the consumer with diabetes, and matching those needs with the creation of great tasting healthy Splenda™ products. The duties of this role are expected to evolve over time as a result of the company’s growth and portfolio expansion.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the strategic direction of the product portfolio within a growing health and wellness brand, delivering medically tailored products to people with diabetes. The role will encompass new product strategy and development of diabetes care products.
- Lead projects in assigned product categories in research & development activities including trend mapping/insights, idea generation and conceptualization.
- Expert in developing standard to define character and needs of loyal Splenda™ users who are managing diabetes.
- Formulate and design product innovation in Diabetes related Splenda™ products.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in Nutrition Science, Intellectual Property and Clinical Trials.
- Collaborates with ingredient vendors to obtain best product results, costing and supply.
- Adhere to government and industry standards and regulations.
- Develop, review and update relevant SOP's.
- PhD Health Science, Nutrition Science, Dietetics, Food Science, Endocrinology or Metabolic Health/Sciences, Biology or related PhD degree
- Minimum of 10 years of increasingly responsible food industry product development experience, including experience in managing clinical trials.
- Experience in Sweetener development as well as Flavor Applications highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of rapidly developing and commercializing consumer products.
- Highly motivated, strategic, creative thinker with strong influencing skills and drive for results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in a simple to understand way.
- Prior experience in rapidly growing business is preferred.
- Must be goal oriented and adaptive to change, thriving in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Travel 5-10%