Bachelor's Degree in engineering, a related field or the equivalent experience is required. Advanced degree is preferred. In addition, a minimum of 18 years of related experience is required, 10 years of Supervisory experience is preferred, 5 years minimum.
This position requires a DoD Secret security clearance at the time of hire, preferably a Top Secret or TS/SCI with Polygraph. Applicants selected are subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Director of Engineering (DOE). The DOE manages collaborative teams to identify and help acquire new business ventures for GDMS and its customers.
The DOE is responsible for an approximately 1400 person multi-site engineering development team and for successful cost, schedule and risk management of projects within the Maritime and Strategic Systems business.
You own the engineering vision that drives the engineering team. Working with your staff of professional senior managers, you manage the engineering staff, processes, and tools needed to successfully capture and execute large DoD programs.
- Manage engineering budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Manage engineering staff merit planning, performance reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Develop and support your engineer’s career paths
- Regular interaction with customers, business development, engineering, and executive management.
- Support the VP of Engineering initiatives as member of the senior leadership staff.
What you’ll experience:
- Direct contribution to our nation’s strategic deterrent mission and support of our warfighters and allies.
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Applying cutting edge technologies to extremely challenging problems
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge – as it’s discovered
What sets you apart:
- Demonstrated success leading large engineering teams to capture new business in the DoD domain
- Demonstrated success leading large engineering teams in execution of large DoD programs
- Passionate about collaborating with our US Government customers to solve hard problems
- Thorough knowledge of technology trends and willingness to champion new ideas and operational improvements
This highly visible position is onsite at the General Dynamics office in Pittsfield, MA. Frequent travel to Government site and other GDMS locations is expected. Candidates not located in Pittsfield may be considered depending on proximity to Pittsfield and willingness to travel there extensively.
Minimum Salary:USD $207,300.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $230,100.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran