TAIT Towers is the Market Leader in designing, constructing and delivering world-class solutions for live experiences.
Whether it's creating awe-inspiring spectaculars, complex touring stages, theatre engineering solutions, brand activations or cruise ship installations, TAIT delivers world-class solutions for live experiences. With its proprietary entertainment automation platform, custom-made products, and creative engineering, TAIT's cutting-edge offerings continue to advance industry standards and exceed client expectations. As a global network of over 900 employees in 14 office locations, TAIT has worked on projects in over 30 countries, all 7 continents and even outer space. TAIT's diverse group of clients include Taylor Swift, Cirque Du Soleil, The Metropolitan Opera House, NASA, National Geographic, Beyoncé and The Olympics.
This position will be based in Lititz, PA with the potential of a hybrid work schedule.
The Director, Global Total Rewards (GTR) contributes to Tait's performance by leading the Total Rewards Center of Excellence (COE) providing strategic consulting and delivering results in the areas of compensation and benefit strategies in support of the business objectives. While expected to provide thought leadership in a variety of people domains, the Director, GTR is expected to strategize, develop, and execute solutions primarily in the Total Rewards (compensation, benefits, payroll, HRIS) process, policy development/implementation and communications. This role is also responsible for developing and implementing internal processes, programs, and metrics to ensure efficiency and effectiveness for the GTR-COE. Incumbent will lead and develop team members in a manner that fosters a cohesive, collaborative, and motivating work environment where everyone can do their best work ensuring that the GTR COE is established as a trusted business partner to all stakeholder groups. The successful person will thrive in a fast-paced, continuously developing and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Design compensation programs that effectively align with the organization's business strategy and goals, while ensuring consistency of practice and execution across multiple lines of global businesses; this involves leading and conducting competitive analysis, and modeling to include annual increase budgets, trends and impacts, ongoing internal/external pay equity analysis, and financial impact of incentive design scenarios.
- Implement compensation tools and systems necessary to build systems and processes effectively and efficiently.
- Partner with functional leaders to address rewards, retention needs, and development of total rewards communications and trainings; provide advice on total rewards strategy (e.g. promotions/transfers, job offers, relocations) including policy and guideline interpretation, as well as annual and midyear compensation of base salary and merit analysis benchmarking (position analysis, levelling evaluations, and pricing) and updating ranges and structures all with the overall purpose to attract and retain talent.
- Develop and implement consistent and efficient job evaluation process
- Develop, implement, and maintain Tait's Global Grading and Leveling Structure
- Develop, implement, and maintain the Salary Administration Program with supporting processes; lead the communications to all stakeholders to ensure clear understanding and expectations
- Prepare the Compensation Committee packages for Board Members on an as needed basis
- Lead change management in support of evolving compensation strategies.
- Analyze benefit plan coverage and recommend innovative benefit strategies, policies and programs designed to attract and retain team members.
- Build and recommend competitive benefit programs and offerings that works to attract and retain talent and serves to enhance Tait's position as an employer of choice
- Lead and manage the benefits program (Medical, Dental, LTD, STD, AD&D, Life and all voluntary benefits) and leave administration, globally, taking into consideration how benefits impact the company culture and talent retention
- Manage benefit providers, brokers, and financial consultants; develop new ideas, recommend changes, and oversee delivery
- Promote employee education and understanding of benefit plans at all levels of the organization
- Develop, champion, and implement a strategic vision for Global Payroll and overall people, process, and system strategy
- Define and establish scalable, agile, and best-in-class global payroll processes and operating model
- Develop and maintain system and processes to leverage reporting and analytics to measure success and identify improvement opportunities; optimize systems and processes
- Champion continuous improvement, simplification, and automation of processes
- Ensures the HRIS system is efficiently and effectively operating all compensation and benefit related processes and outputs, including those integrated to other systems.
- Build effective and efficient processes to ensure people data integrity at all times
- Lead the development of a proactive and predictive people analytics capability that enables strong decision-making
- Monitor the regulatory landscape to ensure the ongoing compliance of programs, plans, processes, and practices in the areas of compensation, benefits, and HRIS
- Ensure 100% compliance with federal and state employment law in all of its practices
- Serve as subject matter expert for purposes of due diligence and integration in merger and acquisition activities
- Design and lead organization communications related to the Total Rewards COE and effectively partner to deliver clear and consistent messaging
- Coach, develop and guide the Total Rewards team
- Promote partnerships with senior management and key stakeholders to build relationships that support and are responsive to the needs of the business
- For all areas of responsibility, conduct research, analyze information and data, and presents findings in a clear, concise manner tailored to different audiences.
- Perform any other job-related instructions, as requested
Required Experience / Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience leading compensation and benefits programs focused on driving business results
- Well organized strategic thinker with demonstrated capability of developing total reward strategies and programs for growth-oriented companies
- Must be a self-starter with superior analytical and organizational skills, a problem solver with an astute attention to detail
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while maintaining deadlines, meeting budget and remaining service oriented
- Strong understanding of interdependencies in program and systems design, including legal, tax and financial implications of all compensation elements
- Highly credible person who, by reputation, will gain the trust and confidence of the business leaders
- Ability to influence across all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage a high-volume goal driven environment with conflicting priorities
- Strong relationship building, partnering, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Ability to work in and build an effective team environment
- Strong customer service orientation, business acumen and global mindset
Education and Licenses / Certifications:
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in human resources, management, or related field
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or related field, preferred
- Ten (10) years of experience in Total Rewards is required inclusive of experience leading a total rewards team of professionals
- Five (5) years of global compensation experience
- CCP certification highly preferred
- CBP certification a plus
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification highly preferred and/or PHR or SPHR certification highly preferred
- The position requires 15% travel with occasional global travel as needed
- Proper travel requirements should be maintained at all times (i.e. Passport, valid ID, etc.)
- Lititz based role, with the potential to be hybrid