Job Summary: Desire to meet the needs of dining guests, accurately and efficiently; Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for kitchenware, cookware, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, and other equipment used to operate the kitchen, using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures; kitchen cookware, floors, kitchen mats and floor drains are maintained clean, safe and sanitary, in compliance with California Food Code, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide a high level of customer service and promote a restaurant-style dining atmosphere.
- Work closely with the Food Service Director to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Adhere to HACCP standard food safety practices.
- Serve as a role model; abide by BSA code of conduct, BSA Operating Principles and Live and Honor the Scout Oath & Scout Law.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glassware, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Notify Food Service Director any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures; Left gauge 180 degrees or higher: Right gauge minimum temperature of 150 F
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to serving line and other proper storage areas.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Rewash soiled dishes before delivering or storing.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand when needed.
- Set up or break down dishwashing machine after each meal service.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every 2 hours when not in use.
- Sweep/mop dish room floor after every meal service
- Routinely empty all kitchen trash to dumpster.
- Routinely Fill/replace red buckets with sanitizer solution in all work stations.
- Sweep trash around kitchen.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floor remains dry.
- Check ice level in coke machines twice in shift; refill if needed.
- Check ice level in salad bar; refill if needed.
- Assist Food Service Director and/or Cooks / Prep-Cooks as requested.
- Conduct general kitchen cleaning as directed.
- Report to work on time.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Food Handlers Card/ServSafe
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Is a self-starter, loyal, honest, hardworking and dependable
- Works well with others
- Detail oriented
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner
- Responsible with company equipment and property
- Ability to lift or move 50 lbs. on a frequent basis
- Long periods of standing, sitting and bending
Work Environment: This job operates in a kitchen environment. This role routinely uses sinks and dishwasher and tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, and cleaning chemicals. Non-Slip shoes are mandatory.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to stand for long periods of time, climb or balance; and stoop or kneel. Frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a Part-Time position; 30 hours or less per week, Days and hours of work vary based on camp needs. Frequent evening and weekend work required.