FTI is looking for people to join our team who are excited as we are to build a culture that embodies us today. Our culture revolves around the 4Câ€™s: Core Values, Commitment, Compassion, and Charity. It is very important to us to show our passion for our employees and customers, while showing love to our neighbors in the community. FTI is currently seeking a junior to mid-level Systems Engineer with experience in Digital Engineering (DE) and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) to support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
The candidate will support the DE efforts/activities and apply systems engineering knowledge to execute DE processes and MBSE methodologies. The candidate will support MBSE product development to support an integrated DE approach. The candidate will be expected to identify and apply MBSE methods/tools to support development and definition of architecture artifacts using Systems Modeling Language (SysML). The candidate will also interface directly with customers, support development of DE guidance, and implement strategies.
This position requires a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance and the candidate must be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI.Responsibilities:
- Develop and guide overarching DE strategy for MDA aligned with the US Space Force (USSF)
- Develop and refine model artifacts assessing organizational system processes, internal/external interfaces, requirements, and issues for MDA
- Translate documented processes into executable SysML products
- Support the execution of Meta-model schema decomposition using SysML or other format
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to identify technical interfaces and capabilities needed in a DE Environment and translate technical data into MBSE artifacts
- Support the definition of organizational/program processes and inputs
- Consolidate DE efforts and technical content from multiple sources
- Communicate timely and effectively with internal leadership and government counterparts
- Perform technical briefings to various stakeholders
- Support the organization and definition of top level organizational/program requirements for varied digital artifacts
- Support the definition of process issues, evaluate alternatives, develop plans, and resolve technical issues with functional areas
- Leverage FTI small business innovation research (SBIR) analysis methods and tools to enhance engineering processes and improve rigor of Course of Action (COA) assessments
- Leverage FTI SBIR-developed tools to include but not limited to Integrated Cost as an Independent Variable (I-CAIV), Readiness Assessment Engine (RAE), NormNet Prognostic Health Management, Integrated Sensor Analysis Tool (I-SAT), and the Extensible Load-Adaptive Processing Service (ELAPSE)
- Must possess an active DoD Secret clearance and eligible to obtain a TS/SCI
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Engineering required (background must include Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE))
- Masterâ€™s degree in Engineering with 2+ years actively working as Systems Engineer preferred
- Must have experience working with MBSE tools (e.g. Sparx EA, Cameo, etc.) and system architecture development
- Experience with architecture development and familiarity with DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) and related architecture guidance
- Ability to think critically, synthesize information from multiple sources into comprehensive plans, identify technical issues, and understand higher level impacts
- Familiarity with MS Excel and other MS Office tools to develop concise and presentable information
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills to deliver technical documents and briefings
- Ability to work independently with cross functional teams with minimal oversight
- Previous experience at or with MDA is strongly preferred
- Ability to travel (~10% of time)
As a condition of employment, you will be required prior to starting employment to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 (unless prohibited by applicable law). Reasonable accommodations that do not pose an undue hardship will be considered.
FTI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.