The Retail Photography Studio is looking for an experienced Retouching Artist. This position’s primary responsibility will be dedicated to the digital retouching of high-quality photographic assets including both hardware and lifestyle photography. The key candidate is able to collaboratively work with Art Directors, Photographers, Producers, Traffic and QA teams.
• Image processing, clean up, pathing, shadow and color correction using Photoshop and Capture One.
• Tasks such as alpha channel screen updates, file migration, documentation, and drawing.
• Make edits to images and layouts per creative feedback.
• Communicate effectively and work closely with Art Directors, Photographers, Producers, Coordinators, and other Retouching Artists.
• QA, crop, resize and finalize image files according to using automations if applicable.
• Minimum 5 years working as a highly professional retoucher
• Bachelor of Arts degree preferred.
• Knowledge of Company and accessory products.
• Highly proficient in with emphasis in photo retouching, composition and effects.
• Color correction experience within an RGB workflow.
• Solid knowledge of the creative process, including spec'ing and assessing resources needed to produce company's quality work for handoff to specifications.
• Excellent knowledge of asset management and server navigation. DAM experience is a plus.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and juggle a large volume of imagery while maintaining consistent quality.
• Highly detailed and organized self-starter who thrives working independently and also in a collaborative team environment
• Exhibits proactive, constructive, and solution-oriented thinking and execution.
• Communicates effectively with diplomatically, both verbally and in written form, in addition to being open to seeking and receiving feedback.
• Learns quickly and continually works to improve individual and team performance.
• Willingness to and adapt styles to meet workflow requirements in a constantly evolving creative environment.
• Demonstrates a motivated and positive attitude with a high level of integrity and maturity.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications, Capture One, and traditional print workflows are a plus.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA (Onsite)
Duration: 12+ months.
Submit resumes to jobs@OSIengineering.com