This position performs a variety of activities related to the preparation, serving of meals and appropriate clean up.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Serving meals timely and that are palatable and appetizing in appearance. Performs proper setting of dining room and tables.
- Strip, wash and return dishes to proper areas.
- Perform dish washing/cleaning procedures. Assure that utensils are readily available for the next meal. Follow safety regulations and precautions at all times.
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures. Mop floors in dining room, kitchen, storage areas, hallways, and employee lounge. Perform dishwasher duties as assigned, including mopping floors in dining room, kitchen, storage areas, hallways, and employee lounge.
- Check and stock all supplies. Ensure proper and orderly storage of food and supplies.
- Create a safe, loving and homelike environment for the Residents.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Demonstrates and maintain a positive professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, promotes a team approach, participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
With respect to resident rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for residents, reports all complaints made by residents and or families to supervisor, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property, or any other compliance items immediately.
May be requested to work on shifts other than the one for which you were hired and subject to call-back during emergency conditions.
Maintain confidentiality and discretion when dealing with sensitive information about residents, family, employees, and IPH residence.
Must enjoy working with the senior population.
Perform job duties in a manner that aligns with the IPH mission of providing a gracious senior living in a Christian surrounding.
Demonstrate good interpersonal teamwork and communication skills.
Must possess a High School Diploma or GED. If candidate does not meet the preferred requirement they must be 16 years of age or older and enrolled in high school. Must have the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays based on business needs.
Stands and walks continuously throughout the working day.
Reaches stoops, bends, lifts, carries, manipulates various food products, dietary supplies and equipment.
Ability to work with chemicals and cleaning agents.
Must be free from infection or disease.
Exposure to temperature and humidity changes as in entering refrigerated storage areas, working at ovens, ranges, and at steam tables.
Must be able to lift and/or carry 50.
Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during an emergency.
Ability to understand vague to implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
Ability to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under time restraints.
Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
Ability to provide verbal feedback in a professional manner.
Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.