We are looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to to provide technical assistance to our clients. You will help install, upgrade and troubleshoot hardware and software systems.
If you’re computer-savvy and enjoy supporting end users, we’d like to meet you. To succeed in this role, you should have a problem-solving attitude along with the ability to give clear technical instructions. You should also be familiar with remote troubleshooting techniques.
Ultimately, you will ensure prompt and accurate customer service and increase client satisfaction.
Location: Bronx, NY
Duration: Full Time
Work From home Policy: Required to be on-site in Bronx, NY for 3 days a week.
- The installation, configuration, testing, and ongoing usability of desktops, peripheral equipment, software, and other related equipment.
- Active Directory, file servers, email systems, application servers, database systems, and administrative systems.
- Work with IT Operations, Information Security, and Compliance teams as appropriate to determine and resolve tickets/issues generated by end-user and business partners.
- Maintain excellent communication with all end users and other members of the IT department.
- Provision users and computers in Active Directory.
- Maintain inventory of all hardware and software resources
- Familiarity with Cloud computing platforms such as Office 365 and Amazon Web Services.
- Security-conscious individual preferably with experience in the Healthcare industry.
- Should have very good oral and written communication skills
- Good understanding and experience with the following technologies: Networking, Windows desktop and Server Operating systems, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, VPN, Wireless, Patch Management, and Firewalls.
- Focus on maintaining high service levels, handling Level 1 and 2 helpdesk support, and timely escalation when necessary.
- Diligence with updating policies, documentation, and How-To repositories.
As a full-time, exempt employee of Optimus, you are also eligible for our benefits program, which currently includes the following benefits:
- The Optimus Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- The Optimus 401K retirement plan is effective 12 months post-hire date. Optimus has a match program on every 401K dollar you invest up to 4.5 percent of your salary
- Twenty-three days paid vacation per annum as accrued
- Six National Holidays, [New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day]
- 5 sick days