Founded in 1995 at the start of the dot-com revolution, TechFlow helped large commercial clients such as Dreamworks, Toshiba, MGM, and others modernize their business systems. Today, with deep operational roots in the bi-coastal innovation hubs of California and Washington DC, TechFlow continues as a leader in applying innovative engineering, technology, integration solutions, and support services to the Federal Government’s most demanding mission and business challenges.
TechFlow, Inc. is hiring a Data Scientist with experience in creating and maintaining collection capabilities and deliverables within Amazon Web Services environment utilizing approved AWS services. The Data Scientist will work in a team that applies technical resources to accelerate the timely, reliable, and secure delivery of open source data, information, and insights. Work will include developing Amazon Web Services (AWS)-based resources and spanning many compute, storage, and networking services.
- Work closely with the technical lead to architect, deploy, and maintain multiple, fast-turnaround capabilities used to perform various highly-visible and high-priority collection efforts.
- Coordinate with multiple entities, including mission partners, to ensure capabilities and deliverables meet defined requirements and tradecraft needs.
- Create and maintain collection capabilities and deliverables within the Amazon Web Services environment utilizing approved AWS services.
- Validate collected data to ensure it meets data format requirements.
- Maintain all source code in the GitHub repository.
- Document all source code, including how to execute the code.
- Perform operations and maintenance on the collection capabilities and deliverables to adapt to changes in collection target, technologies, data formats, and naming conventions.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with geo-spatial software and programming packages and data formats.
- Experience creating and managing AWS resources, including provisioning EC2 instances, writing and deploying Lambda functions, creating and writing to S3, and managing authorization appropriately across resources with IAM policies.
- Experience using GitHub
- Active TS SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Experience deploying AWS applications with AWS’s Cloud Development Kit (CDK). Ansible and Terraform are NOT a substitute for CDK.
- Experience building and deploying containerized applications.
- Experience building, programmatically working with and maintaining search engines such as ElasticSeach, Lucene, or AWS’s OpenSearch.
- Experience creating, programmatically working with and maintaining SQL and NO-SQL databases.
- Experience with other non-AWS cloud services such as Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure.
- AWS DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect, or SysOps Administrator
TechFlow, Inc is 100% employee-owned. Come make a difference in a job that contributes to your future and helps us build an agile workplace!
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) – Pride in being an employee-owner and annual employer contribution (per plan guidelines)
- 401k plan with Roth option.
- Eligibility for an employer match.
- Immediate vesting
- Paid time off
- Holidays – 10 paid holidays per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid Life & AD&D insurance plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Resources
- Company-paid training and development program
- Voluntary benefits include:
- Life & AD&D Insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- Short-term and long-term disability (per plan guidelines)
- Legal Shield and Identity Theft protection plans
- Pet Insurance