Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Job Summary: Data Centers are considered Critical Facilities. This means that we support hospitals, laboratories, public safety centers. Simply put - We cannot go dark. In this crucial role, you will be responsible for troubleshoots and installs sophisticated circuits and performs custom installations.
Servers, cables, fiber, oh my! If you like to ‘rack and stack’ this job could be for you.
- Racks and stacks customer equipment
- Reads installation plans (Visio Drawings / Spreadsheets) and implements installation accordingly
- Installs circuits requiring sophisticated fiber terminations
- Resolves work priorities from a ticketing queue and ensures adherence to all contribute times
- Troubleshoots switched / multiplexed / media converted circuits; escalates to, and works with networking group, as needed.
- Works with customers to troubleshoot issues
- Installs/tests/modifies cross connects per SOPs and ensures accurate cable management of coax, fiber, twisted pair copper, and intra-building cross connects
- Installs and tests sophisticated cross connects circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.)
- Maintains detailed written records of all work activity
- Designs and leads cage / infrastructure modification projects
- Completes all assigned training in a timely manner
- Supports customer happiness through timely and detailed order execution
- 1+ years experience
- High School Diploma
- A natural curiosity and strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in a critical facility where failure is not an option.
- Strong system level mechanical or electrical proficiency
- You are capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. and are agile in manual dexterity (climb, stoop, et.) with or without an accommodation.
- 24/7 Operation - Your flexibility to work any assigned shift, off-schedule, fill in for workmate, respond to emergencies, etc.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
At Equinix, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #IamSafeIBelongIMatter culture transcends and informs all we do. In alignment with our culture, Equinix has implemented a vaccine or test policy that requires employees to show proof of full vaccination or get tested regularly to work onsite in an IBX or office.