DATA ASSURANCE SPECIALIST II 1LOB
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The data assurance specialist is an essential function for ensuring proper design and operation of data controls owned by Front Office (both within the First Line of Defense (1LOD) Risk organization where the role is aligned, and across broader business unit functions). This role will work closely with the Business Unit and risk organizations to evaluate control effectiveness, across the lifecycle of the lending process and to improve control performance through application of direct and indirect efforts. Provides leadership and subject matter expertise for fellow specialist staff and ensures accurate and efficient execution of team data activities.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Responsible for front-end data quality control design associated with lending origination
* Identifying risks and control points present in the lending origination program, by working with control owners and gaining an understanding of the banks holistic commercial lending process
* Identifying, reporting, and assigning prioritization to control gaps and control improvements
* Documentation of processes and controls, where necessary
* Identifying and augmenting data quality reporting in order to provide a view across all control points
* Collaborate with technology to promote adoption of more automated and reliable control toolsets
* Responsible for performing analysis on data from multiple sources and providing recommendations to the management on the identified gaps
* Lead process improvement initiatives, as necessary
* Partner with business to enhance the overall control environment for data quality
* Analyze and report risk profile, control environment, gaps and recommendations
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* H.S. Diploma
* Minimum of 4 years of experience working in the financial services industry. And
* Minimum of 3 years of experience working with Commercial Lending.
Skills and Knowledge
* Bachelors’ degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field strongly preferred.
* 3+ years of experience in transformation, process improvement, business analysis, audit and/or quality control preferred
* Experience with commercial loan origination, servicing, or collateral systems such as AFS, FIS, Moody’s product suite preferred
* Familiarity with OCC Heightened Standards strongly preferred
* Knowledge of risk management framework (RCSA), and specifically data risk
* Experience with relational databases, SQL preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to convey messaging to a variety of levels of audience.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment, see ‘big picture’, and employ reasoning and problem solving skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Proficient in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
* Ability to adapt to tight deadlines.
* Strong process improvement or process/control development skills.
* Attention to detail.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with knowledge of vlook-up, logical statements, pivot tables, macros preferred
* Knowledge of CCAR or other regulatory reporting.
* Ability to work independently with light supervision in various areas of responsibility.
Starting base salary: $48.08 - $60.56 per hour. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank