JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data Analyst is directly responsible for the support, administration, development, and fostering and enabling a data culture at our Overland Park office in Kanas. The suitable candidate will function as the on-sight Tableau expert operating in all aspects of the analytical lifecycle from collecting and preparing data to fostering a self-service data culture utilizing Tableau. The responsibilities may also include development and support of SSRS and SAP Business Objects reports and dashboards.
- The Data Analyst will have exposure to all business units, plants, processes, people, and products in order to lead and support the full analytical life cycle.
- The Data Analyst will directly support the Data Scientists; which includes preparing data, cleansing, requirement gathering, and statistical analysts
- The role requires support and administering Tableau Server and desktop deployment(s); including support of Tableau extracts, application upgrades, user training, center of excellence champion, and mentoring.
- The role requires collaborating with business partners to establish and prioritize business needs to deliver effective visuals, dashboards, and reports following an agile methodology.
- Work with stakeholders to deliver data insights to executives, business analysts and other end users to aid in ongoing operations.
- Strong data story telling skills are required in order present and communicate data driven research and ideas to support business objectives
- Center of Excellence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 4+ technical years of developing Data Visualization solutions using Tableau.
- Experience working with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata) is required; including advanced SQL skills
- Willingness to travel as much as 15% of the time.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment and have a continuous improvement and development mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and collaborate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with business stakeholders
- Manufacturing Knowledge
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description