PLS®: People. Location. Service
PLS—which stands for People – Location – Service—is a leading retail provider of alternative financial services. The PLS Group, headquartered in Chicago, is comprised of over 200 financial service centers in 12 states. Through our check cashing stores, we provide consumers with convenient financial products and services to help them manage their day-to-day financial needs. Although many of our customers have banking relationships, we believe that our customers use our financial services because they are convenient, transparent, and frequently more affordable than available traditional alternatives. PLS was founded in 1997 by Bob and Dan Wolfberg, who serve as Co-Presidents.Responsibilities:
Successful Customer Service Representatives (CSR) are the primary point-of-contact with our customers. They are the “face" of PLS. As such, they are accountable for delivering superior customer service. They also sell company products and services. The CSR is accountable for maintaining company standards of quality and complying with all policies and procedures.
- Providing outstanding customer service to ensure repeat business
- Promoting our products and services to current and potential customers
- Ensuring all transactions are completed in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Following company policies and procedures
- Maintaining a balanced cash drawer
- Completing all transactions accurately, including cash handling
- Using multiple computer applications to access information and process transactions
- Resolving customer complaints or referring complaints to the Store Manager for resolution
- Maintaining a safe, organized, and clean environment
- Performing other duties as instructed by management
- Previous customer service experience in industries such as hospitality, financial services, retail or restaurant is preferred
- Ability, willingness, and comfort to engage with customers
- Strong verbal communication
- Ability to drive sales
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to work flexible hours, including early morning, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- English/Spanish bilingual is a plus
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to work in restrictive spaces and keep their concentration in a busy environment with moderate to high noise levels
Benefits for eligible employees include medical/dental/vision, 401k, vacation, opportunities for advancement, on-going training available.
We strive to demonstrate our Core Values in all positions at PLS:
Communication ● Customer Focus ● Integrity and Trust ● Teamwork ● Results
PLS Financial Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PLS Financial Services will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. PLS Financial Services is a drug-free workplace. PLS provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify your Recruiter or a member of our Human Resources team talent@PLS247.com to make arrangements. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
For jobs located in the City of Los Angeles, consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment