Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing public accounting firms?
If yes, consider joining Baker Tilly US (BT) as a Senior Associate- Technical Accounting Advisory! This is a great opportunity to be a valued business advisor to middle market clients. As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You will enjoy this role if:
- Are innovative, resilient and resourceful
- Crave freedom, responsibility and opportunities to lead
- Are a strategic thinker
- Enjoy solving hard problems – and asking big questions to lead you there
- Thrive on the unknown, the unfamiliar, and the unexpected
- Are uniquely curious in the face of ambiguity or change
- Are motivated by having a measurable impact on individuals, the firm, our customers and our community
- Are a lifetime learner and strive to be at the top of your game
What you will do:
As part of our Technical Accounting Advisory Practice, you will help private and public companies:
- Prepare for and support their audits
- Prepare financial statements, footnotes and filings
- Prepare for and support their initial public offerings (IPO’s), including Special Purpose Acquisition Company (“SPAC”) transactions.
- Address complex GAAP and IFRS accounting issues, including:
- Implementation of new accounting standards
- Revenue recognition and deferred customer contract cost accounting
- Debt, equity, and derivative accounting
- Business combinations and recapitalization accounting
- Share-based payment accounting
- Impairment assessments
- Lease accounting
- Inventory costing and accounting
- GAAP to IFRS conversions
- Assist in the preparation and completion of clear and concise technical accounting position papers and supporting automated working papers, as part of client audit and IPO-readiness/support consulting engagements
- Assist in the preparation of GAAP and IFRS-compliant financial statements and footnotes, and SEC filing documents (including S-1 and S-4 registration statements, proxy statements, 10-K’s, 10-Q’s, etc.), on behalf of advisory clients, to support their annual year-end audits and SEC filing requirements
- Analyze complex accounting and financial reporting situations and problems for clients, to derive practical and value-added solutions
- Be proactive in accomplishing assigned tasks in a timely, organized, accurate and complete fashion
- Communicate verbally and in writing with clients, clients’ auditors and other MFA members in a clear, professional and positive manner
- Prioritize and execute on tasks and responsibilities, based upon multiple client deadlines and requirements
- Understand advisory engagement objectives and procedures utilized for completion
- Actively communicate and propose solutions to various problems as they arise, with respect to client accounting and financial reporting issues, MFA matters, customer service concerns, etc.
- Utilize various technical accounting and financial reporting research software and website tools to source interpretive and authoritative guidance to support accounting positions and treatments
- Proactively research and understand application of new accounting pronouncements, both under GAAP and IFRS
- Actively develop a relationship with assigned mentor for continued professional development
- Promote MFA internally and externally
- Conduct direct customer nurturing activities as assigned
- Participate in a minimum of one recruiting or networking event annually
- Complete 40 Continuing Education Hours annually as laid out in your customized Learning Path
- Two to five years’ prior experience in public accounting and/or private industry, with prior complex accounting and financial reporting (especially SEC-related, including with IPO’s) exposure preferable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Master’s Degree in Business with a focus in Accounting optional
- Actively pursuing the completion of, or preferably having completed, the CPA exam and related requirements
- Prior experience in consulting, a bonus
- Excellent written, spoken, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel to customer locations, if necessary
- Eagerness and ability to learn quickly, follow directions, and complete work independently
- Exhibits flexibility, accountability, and dependability
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world’s leading financial centers – New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly’s roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.