Our Account Supervisors bring value to our clients by passionately and professionally representing the agency on a day-to-day basis. They are the trusted partner and point of contact for mid-level clients partnering with account leadership to deliver operational discipline and delivery excellence, speed to market, resource optimization, and profitability management to their business(es). Account Supervisors are efficient operators, who demonstrate strong commercial abilities and business and financial acumen. They are highly organized and accountable account leaders, who can build relationships and collaborate with/draw on the expertise of all Ogilvy’s capabilities. Account Supervisors add value by interrogating every client brief and assignment, and striving to solve our client’s larger business problems, not just the immediate request at hand. They act courageously and with conviction and collaborate with/draw on the expertise of all Ogilvy’s capabilities.
- The key day-to-day project contact with clients, creative teams, and other agency partners
- Managing client objectives, expectations and timelines and communicating changes/directions to internal team members
- Working integrally with all internal team members to facilitate the process of developing effective strategies and briefs that lead to great work on brief
- Influencing the efficiency and quality of work and advocating for the agency/client relationship
- Mobilizing and driving the integrated team towards forward progress, action, and results
- Effectively presenting work from a delivery standpoint
- Understanding staffing and scoping requirements
- Owning the client budget to manage costs and deliverables as well as staffing resources
- Owning project management/workflow system data entry and reporting
- Identifying potential project risks and developing contingency plans
- Serving as a mentor/coach and/or direct manager to more junior team members and supporting the development of these team members
- Developing and maintaining high levels of team effectiveness (trust, communication, collaboration, productivity, diversity, engagement)
- Understanding & respecting every department’s role in delivering great work and building relationships
- Possess a mastery of all public relations skills, including writing, editing, media relations, pitch development, message development, and have experience in developing communications plans
- Manage partner/vendor relations as relates to product launches, media, research, events, and other program initiatives
- Develop and execute media relations strategies, including identifying and developing outreach opportunities, drafting media materials, and pitching to the media
- Demonstrate strong ability to develop messaging and draft stakeholder communications, including press releases, speeches, presentations, pitch materials etc.
- Develop content and digital influencer collaborations, draft social posts, help manage production
- Create and execute executive visibility/thought leadership campaigns
- This role is ideal for a highly experienced Account Supervisor ready to step into the next level of their career.
- 4-6 years of related, client facing industry experience managing “the making” or delivery of great work
- Ideally, several different account experiences delivering programs in at least 3 different capabilities (B2C, B2B, retail, CPG, digital, tech, PR & influence, etc.)
- Strong background in the strategy and development of PR programs and provide strategic/solid thinking to clients in the B2B Tech industry
- Proven negotiation skills
- Experience forming strong client relationships
- Demonstrated capability to get things done on budget and on time
- Developing commercial abilities & business & financial acumen
- Strong internal relationships (particularly with creative team)
- A good listener, someone who reads people and those in a room well (and adapts their style and response accordingly)
- You will also bring strong skills in research, analysis, and trend identification
*In New York City, the base salary for this position at the time of this posting may range from $70k to $140k. Individual compensation varies based on job related factors, including business needs, experience, level of responsibility and qualifications.