Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for an SE-2 Linux Administrator to sit in Eglin AFB, FL.
Our cybersecurity team is searching for a new member that can support system administration as well as security analysis on Air Force/Space Force systems and/or software. This individual is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for Air Force information systems as well as execute system administrator duties. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment, learning new technology areas, this is the place for you. This position provides support to the 47th Cyberspace Test Squadron at Eglin AFB, FL.
LOCATION: Eglin AFB
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
TRAVEL: Travel up to 12 weeks per year.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Active SECRET clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret – (Single Scope Background Investigation) and U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity or equivalent combination of education/certification and 0-3 years experience. Six years of applicable technical experience may be substituted for the technical Bachelor’s Degree requirement or four years of experience with an applicable Associates Degree.
CERTIFICATIONS: Must be able to obtain DOD 8570 IAT Level 3 certification (CASP, CISSP, etc.) within 1 year of hire, and maintain certification throughout employment.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: SE-2 | 0-3 years experience
- Experience in IT System Administration.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, client and server.
- Familiarity with the Linux Operating system, to include knowledge of the file system, Linux commands, system maintenance and troubleshooting, installation of applications, and user management.
- Experience with Bash scripting, including the ability to automate system tasks.
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization
- Excellent self-initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in small and large team settings to solve complex problems.
- Travel up to 12 weeks per year.
- Active SECRET clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret – (Single Scope Background Investigation). US Citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain DOD 8570 IAT Level 3 certification (CASP, CISSP, etc.) within 6 months of hire, and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubnernetes
- Experience with PowerShell
- Knowledge of Cloud based computing (AWS or Azure)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code
- Understanding of network security/engineering.
- Knowledge of host-based firewalls
- Experience with STIG compliance assessment
- Administer laptop computers, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- User administration (setup and maintaining account)
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the security authorization package
- Attend required technical and security training (e.g., operating system, networking, security management) relative to assigned duties
- Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with the security authorization package
- Coordinate any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system prior to the change
- Conduct independent compliance assessments, data collection, test automation, and reporting.
- Perform system security analysis on systems and/or software to understand and identify vulnerabilities.
- Execute hands-on testing which include significant technical skills with multiple operating systems. (Windows, Linux, Unix, IOS (network)).
- Document and communicate test results effectively to technical and non-technical user groups in written and oral formats.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.