What You'll Do
You will join Cisco’s Global Tax & Customs team as the Country of Origin and Special Sales and Trade Programs manager. You will partner closely with your colleagues on the GTC team and with stakeholders in other Cisco functions including Supply Chain / Trade Logistics, Engineering, Sales, and Government Affairs.
You are a detail-oriented, agile, and curious trade expert with demonstrated experience advising businesses in connection with customs compliance, country-of-origin determination, free trade agreements. You are a positive, engaged, and adaptable colleague who is passionate about your clients and their business. You possess excellent social, communication and drafting skills, and you can synthesize complex issues and influence and lead across functions. You have sharp business focus and are dedicated, highly collaborative, and pragmatic. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and you can smoothly handle changes in priorities, deadlines, and workload. you are an amazing colleague who is eager to join a fun and dynamic team. You appreciate your teammates, you don’t take yourself too seriously, and you are deeply committed to sustaining a welcoming and inclusive team.
How You’ll Contribute
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) regarding country of origin (COO) and origin marking statement (OMS) determinations, use, and communication.
- Maintain COO standards and procedures.
- Train business unit and other stakeholders on standards and procedures regarding origin determinations.
- Provide guidance for origin determinations.
- Validate and audit COO determinations.
- Maintain business process functionality and COO data quality.
- Respond to requests regarding COO-related certifications, inquiries, audits, or other issues.
- Participate in efforts related to improvements of COO-related processes and controls.
- Represent GTC and advise on the Country of Origin, Federal Sales, Special Sales Trade Programs aspects of internal trade projects with key cross-functional and global virtual teams.
In addition to the qualities described above (“About You”), you have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Customs compliance roles
- At least BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Direct experience in free trade agreement and/or government procurement qualification, especially the Trade Agreements Act (TAA)
- Established network and relationships with industry peers
- Ability to research customs regulations
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s Global Tax & Customs team is a highly skilled group of professionals committed to driving Cisco’s success and maintaining a fun, diverse and collaborative working environment. We drive an agile approach helping Cisco continuously evolving its business and leading the industry. We are based in 10 countries, supporting each other as one team and proud of the many ways we give back to our communities.
We are all truly committed to sustaining a work environment where all of us can succeed. We know that diverse teams are the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
Some may think of Cisco as “old” (37 years strong) and focused on hardware. But catch this: We are one of the top 5 software and cloud companies in the world. We’re also a network and cloud security company. And an AI/Machine Learning company. No other company can do what we do.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.