The Department of Defense’s (DoD) works cooperatively with allies and partners to reduce or eliminate weapons of mass destruction (WMD) threats. The cooperative nature of the DoD’s activities yields a secondary benefit of strengthening regional alliances, deepening existing partnerships, and attracting new partners.
At Noblis and Noblis ESI, we have excellent teams of smart, collaborative, proactive experts, and professionals. We are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment, and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of the Department of Defense’s program.
Noblis is looking to hire Cost Estimation Specialists to support the mission in cooperation with partner nations. Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide analytical support in cost analysis and cost estimation
- Work as part of a team on several cost estimation and cost evaluation projects simultaneously
- Provide expertise to assist with cost estimating to include Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs) & Rough Order of Magnitude estimates (ROMs) and proposal cost/price analysis
- Support source selections through cost reasonableness and realism determinations
- Conduct research and analysis of the current market and other agency purchases of similar products and services, review historical prices, perform comparative analysis to similar programs, and obtain pricing data to facilitate the development of realistic program costs.
- Collect and analyze data in order to estimate the time, money, materials, and labor required to complete a project and/or procure a product.
- Develop baseline cost estimates for projects or products that are used frequently (i.e., general cost of paving, etc.). Support the development of metrics to track the cost estimate versus the actual cost and to create mitigation strategies to resolve differences.
- Develop and refine cost estimates by analyzing historical data and applying quantitative models, techniques, tools and databases to predict future program costs.
- Conduct data collection to develop parametric cost estimates.
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s and minimum 5 years of related experience
- Experience with cost estimations
- Federal Acquisition life-cycle expertise.
- Knowledge of federal and DoD contracting (i.e., FAR and DFARS, DoD Series 5000) requirements.
- Proficient in drafting (for Government approval) procurement request package documents
- Active DoD SECRET clearance, or ability to obtain a U.S. clearance
- Experience with DoD cost estimation and planning efforts
- Familiarity with nonproliferation obligations, approaches, and objectives.
- Experience providing cost estimation or engineering expertise in one or more of the following disciplines: systems, mechanical design and equipment, HVAC system, plumbing design, and/or facility commissioning and performance verification.
- Excellent communication, written, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects which includes prioritizing, tracking, attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through to project completion.
- Flexibility/adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates with a Secret, Top Secret, or Top Secret/SCI clearance are preferred.
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Noblis seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Noblis. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI, Noblis MSD and Noblis + Mikros Systems tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.