CORPORATE STRATEGY ANALYST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Strategic Planning & Initiatives ("SP&I") team at City National Bank ("CNB") is responsible for setting the long-term strategic direction for the bank and leading its highest priority strategic initiatives. As a member of the bank's SP&I group, you will be responsible for supporting the end-to-end annual strategic planning process for the bank. You will also partner with leaders in business units and support divisions to develop their annual and longer-term divisional strategic plans. In addition to managing the strategic planning process, you will also support strategic projects to address key business challenges and opportunities at the enterprise and divisional level and link the strategy with the operational and financial plans.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Support CNB’s annual strategic planning process, including identification of top enterprise priorities and initiatives, creation of strategic planning documents, and review of documents with executive leadership.
* Coordinate with finance, technology, risk, business units and CNB executive leadership to create and finalize annual strategic plans and align the strategic plan with financial and operating plans.
* Collaborate with and support leaders of CNB’s various divisions to help them formulate their divisional strategic plans.
* Support the SP&I team on a broad range of strategy and transformation projects for the bank and the divisions, including business model strategy design, operating model strategy and firm-wide strategic initiatives.
* Provide reporting to senior management on strategic initiatives.
* Perform competitive analysis, including tracking and analysis of emerging banking industry and fintech trends.
* Develop materials for workshops and key meetings. Support in workshop planning, content generation and communication.
* Perform internal and/or external quantitative analysis to support activities such as client segmentation, financial modeling, and sizing analyses.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum 4 years of total experience with at least 2 years in financial services strategy at a leading US bank or in management consulting
Skills and Knowledge
* 4+ years of related work experience in banking industry preferred
* Ability to create clear and concise documents with strong storyline for executive conversations
* Strong project management capabilities in scenarios which requires interaction with senior business leaders and achieving consensus across wide range of objectives
* Experience in using data and analysis to drive strategic recommendations
* Comfort with working under ambiguous, complex, multi-stakeholder and fast-moving situations whilst still driving a project to its successful completion
* Understanding of key banking products, platforms, industry dynamics and trends
* Ability to support and report on several strategic initiatives simultaneously
* Ability to work in a collaborative team environment as well as independently
* Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
* Exceptional work ethic, with the ability to pay close attention to details as well as have a strategic big-picture mindset
* Ability to work with confidential and sensitive nonpublic information
Starting base salary: $100,011 - $125,980 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank