- Great opportunity for entry level candidates
- Benefits! - Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Holidays, vacation pay, and sick time for full time employees
- Stable Career
- Growth Opportunities
- No experience required - We will train you!
- Weekly pay!
- Live by the “Golden Rule” and work with other associates to build a strong team atmosphere
- Instruct and train employees in all aspects of food service and sanitation
- Educate and administer proper portion control, appearance, and temperature for all food items is per Summit’s quality standard
- Perform food preparation and production tasks efficiently and accurately while following safe food handling policies, procedures, and recipes
- Adhere to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures
- Maintain excellent customer service and positive attitude
- Work with a diverse work population
- Food service industry experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Food preparation experience including: Measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling
- Using and cleaning equipment and materials for food preparation and cleanup
- Ability to follow direction regarding food preparation, storage and safety
- Must be 18 years of age
- Applicants will be required to pass a background check in accordance with any background check procedures required by the correctional facility and applicable law.
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, with the ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, based on the business needs of your location
- Authorized to work in the United States
Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs
As a national leader in corrections food and commissary service management, Summit is experienced in managing all sizes and types of correctional facilities, including state-wide operations. For over 30 years, our management team has been working closely with clients to exceed expectations and provide creative solutions to any need or challenge.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer.? Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Cook Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising work of employees to ensure efficiency and adherence to established standards. Duties of this position include, instructing and training employees in all aspects of food service and sanitation, ensuring meal services begin on time and portion control, appearance and temperature for all food items is appropriate and of high quality. This position will also be responsible for performing food preparation and production tasks efficiently and accurately while following safe food handling policies, procedures, and recipes. The ideal candidate must have experience supervising a team, as well as prior cooking experience preferably in an institutional setting with an emphasis on scratch and high quantity cooking.
INTERESTED EMPLOYEES SHOULD COMPLETE AN "INTERNAL POSTING APPLICATION FORM" (copies may be obtained from manager). FORMS SHOULD INCLUDE A COPY OF A CURRENT RESUME OUTLINING COMPLETE WORK HISTORY.
COMPLETED FORMS SHOULD BE RETURNED TO YOUR MANAGER.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Women/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Employer