A Cook is responsible for preparing all food items based on standardized recipes for the Cafe Room Service Employee Cafeteria and Banquets while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio. The Prep Cook also is responsible for preparing cold foods and shellfish slicing meat and brewing coffee or tea.Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Food Handlers Certification (must comply with State requirements)
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Food Handlers Safety etc.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required according to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparations prior to opening of the Cafe in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the CafAc and Room Service operating hours.
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain post on kitchen line as required during the CafAc and Room Service operating hours in order to prepare food to order maintaining the highest standards of efficiency productivity and quality.
- Prepare food for Banquets as required following specifications of Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for Associate Cafeteria as specified by the Food Production Manager.
- Prepare all foods following Aimbridge Hospitality standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Food Production Manager or Assistant Food Production Manager.
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by Food Production Manager.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other associates.
- Be familiar with all hotel policies and house rules.
- Be familiar with hotel's emergency procedures.
- Use Production Charts as specified by Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Associates must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and courteous to guests managers and other associates.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain the 'Clean As You Go' policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- Ensures food is stored in specific containers and storage areas in order to prevent spoilage
Less than 1 miles from the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, this Kansas City hotel offers spacious rooms with free WiFi and flat-screen TVs. A seasonal outdoor pool is featured on-site.
The colorful rooms at Courtyard Kansas City Country Club Plaza come equipped with microwaves and refrigerators. All air-conditioned rooms include a work desk and ironing facilities.
Courtyard Kansas City Country Club offers an on-site fitness center that includes cardio equipment, treadmills and free weights. A business center is available on-site.
The Parkview Restaurant, located on the property, offers a hot breakfast buffet in a casual setting.
The Sprint Center is a 10 minutes’ drive from this hotel. The National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial is 3 miles away.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.Benefits:
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan