Since 1964, Indiana families have looked to Miller's Health Systems for compassionate care for their loved ones. In that time, Miller’s Health Systems has grown to become Indiana’s largest 100% employee-owned health care provider. As operators of more than 40 nursing care and senior living properties across the state, MHS offers a wide variety of employment and professional growth opportunities. To learn more about our company, visit us at: http://www.millersmerrymanor.com/about-us.Job Description
Do you enjoy being a team leader, are friendly, and want a job where you can make a difference each day? Do you enjoy cooking and take pride in what you serve? Do you have an eye for details and enjoy following a plan, and want to be a part in helping others reach their health and rehabilitation goals?
As a Cook at Miller’s, you prepare meals and nourishments using standardized recipes for regular and therapeutic diets, paying special attention to appearance. You adhere to regulations and company policies regarding diets, food preparation standards, and infection control. You provide oversight to the dietary aide position during your shift and you receive and inspect food deliveries for accuracy and quality.
Apply if you are:
• Able to follow a recipe and have basic cooking skills
• Willing to learn and follow safety, preparation, and sanitation standards
• Passionate about delivering great customer service
• Able to work with a dedicated team and help direct others
• Neat in appearance and with professional behavior
1. Successfully complete pre-employment process and screening.
2. Able to pass physical examination given in behalf of gainful employment within the facility.
3. Satisfactorily pass through required orientation and training. Be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
4. Previous experience in Food Service.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY II: Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.