$500 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Prepares, seasons, and cooks food for hospitals patients, employees, and visitors. Performs lead role for kitchen service activities and the delivery of food in consultation with the Chef, Managers, Supervisors, and Clinical Dietitians.
- Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients/clients served, i.e. infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks food. Cuts, pours, measures, and mixes ingredients according to recipes. Uses a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, including choppers, slicers, mixers, and blenders.
- Previews menus and work orders to determine type and quantities of meals, vegetables, soups, salads, and desserts to be obtained and prepared. Responsible for menu selection and completion.
- Plans and coordinates cooking schedules so that meals will be ready at required times.
- Assist with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies. Alerts Manager to problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies. Detects and reports spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, or other unusual conditions.
- Maintains established department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, and safety standards. Ensures that sanitary levels are maintained throughout the food preparation process as well as throughout the workday.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education: None required.
Skills: Capable of operating kitchen equipment; have good math and communication skills; be able to read and speak English; have the ability to learn how to change and convert recipes as needed and to learn special diet production needs. The Candidate needs to be able to deal effectively with a fast-paced environment and be open to new ideas and be willing to take instruction. Must have a basic understanding of culinary basics: cooking temperatures and proper labeling/rotation of food product.
- Education: High school graduate or GED. Culinary degree preferred, but not required
- Skills: Specialized training in food preparation/culinary techniques
- Years of Experience: 1 year in food production preferred
- Certification: Food Handler Card or Serv Safe preferred, but not required
- Personal Protective Equipment: Coat or apron, hat, and non-sterile medical gloves.
- Physical Demands: Occasional lifts, carries, pushes, pulls up to 50 lbs. Must be able to see, hear, and move intermittently, or use prosthetics that will enable you to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met. Frequently has prolonged standing and walking. Manual dexterity and mobility necessary. Frequent reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching. Exposed to electrical hazards, cuts, and burns. Exposed to hot, humid, noisy equipment/environment, and varying degrees of kitchen elements.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace