We are currently offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for full-time Cooks! Program ends 7/31/22.
Bring your heart to work! Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all our relationships with customers, team members and community at large.
American Senior Communities has proudly delivered patient centered care since the year 2000, with a long history of excellent outcomes. Each of our 80+ American Senior Community is part of the neighborhood in which it exists. Our leaders and staff live in surrounding areas and know the community well. We value the same things in life that you do. The foundation of our senior living communities is based on the knowledge that we’ll be part of your neighborhood for many, many years. We take great pride in our hospitality and it is ingrained in everything we do. As partners in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
Our commitment to our team members:
- PayActiv – Hourly employees have immediate access up to 50% of your earned pay
- Quarterly wage increases and bonus opportunities (conditions apply)
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance plans – Affordable, low cost options
- Convenient telehealth services for all employees
- Tuition assistance and certification reimbursement
- PTO and holiday pay for full time staff
- 401k retirement plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program – get paid to refer a friend to join our team
- Workforce Chaplains: Confidential, non-denomination resources available for employees and household family members of employees
- Pathogen Reducing Air purification devices in corridors and common areas to help combat COVID-19
What will you be doing and how will you make a difference at American Senior Communities?
- Making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve by providing them care and compassion.
- Acting as a positive teammate to fellow employees by helping onboard new teammates.
- Follows recipes and prepares food that corresponds to menu cycles prepared by the Registered Dietitian.
- Cooks or prepares palatable, attractive, nutritionally adequate meals in institutional quantities at proper temperatures and at proper times.
- Assists with demonstrating, instructing and educating dietary staff on preparations, garnishing and presentation of food.
- Supervises dietary staff with food preparation, assembling trays, cleaning, and storage of supplies and equipment.
- Prepares and maintains supply of food substitutes to accommodate resident choices, cultural, ethnic, and religious preferences.
- Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members, customers and staff.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior Institutional and/or Healthcare service experience is preferred.
- Certification in Sanitation/Safe Food Handling is preferred.
We are Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.
We are committed to the safety and health of our team members, residents and families we serve. As such, ASC is proud to have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy, requiring COVID-19 vaccination(s) for all employees and new hires. In accordance with our mission to compassionately serve every resident with quality care and excellence, we firmly believe that vaccinating all employees is essential for our customer’s safety and health. New hires, including rehires, will need to show evidence of full vaccination on or before start or receive their first dose or one dose vaccine prior to start date. Should you have any questions regarding this, please speak with your recruiting contact directly.
The Company understands and respects that a limited number of candidates may have personal reasons for not receiving the vaccine. As such, we are asking those candidates who wish to request an exemption from being required to be vaccinated, submit a request for their exemption through their supervisor once hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Food & Nutrition Services