Perkins Management Services is seeking a Cook to join the culinary team at Johnson C. Smith University. At PMSC you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in food service. At PMSC youâ€™ll enjoy an improved quality of life thatâ€™s unique in the hospitality industry.
The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience, enjoys working in a busy environment and is capable of taking direction well and multi-tasking effectively.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Work with the executive chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the client and companyâ€™s policy and vision
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved
- Produce high quality dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to locationâ€™s standards, as well as to clientsâ€™ requirements;
- Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door;
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chefâ€™s instructions
Experience: 2 yearsâ€™ experience as a cook
Powered by JazzHR