The Cook ensures the overall smooth, efficient operation of the kitchen while maintaining high culinary standards, creativity, and quality. He or she manages the kitchen staff in their daily activities and motivates them to strive for culinary excellence. In addition, the Cook manages the equipment, and maintains safe and sanitary conditions for quality food production and service.
The ideal candidate for this position has formal culinary training. The candidate should possess fluent English speaking and written communication skills, good time management skills, and professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
- Prepares menus and recipes and oversees production of food according to sanitation and quality standards
- Establishes and maintains procedures and standards that ensure the health and safety of everyone
- Ensures that work areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and all company policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Formal culinary training a plus
- Knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations regarding food practices and handling required
- Experience in supervising and managing staff
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
In 2001, the doors opened to The Grand Residence at Upper St. Clair, a senior living community offering 70 guest suites and a host of unique amenities. The spacious suites range in size from 400 square foot efficiencies to 750 square foot one bedroom suites. All suites feature a kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, cabinets and sink; private bathroom; and individual climate control. The Grand Residence, which brings an unprecedented level of luxury and service to the South Hills of Pittsburgh, was based upon a hospitality model and designed with all the luxurious appointments of a grand hotel.
In order to foster the strong sense of independence that each guest has developed over a lifetime while giving him or her the unique assistance that is desired, we offer a variety of programs, including Life Enrichment, Wellness Services, and other services such as housekeeping, dining, and laundry. Every amenity and comfort has been designed into The Grand Residence.
In an effort to promote the health and wellness of our staff and residents, The Grand Residence is a smoke-free community. Staff are not permitted to smoke on the property, including parking areas.
- Medical Insurance (UPMC)
- Dental Insurance (United Concordia)
- Vision Insurance (VBA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- New Hire Bonus
- Lunch and Beverage During Shift