The Casual Pint Rivergate Pkwy Charlotte, NC is looking for a new team member to join our team. We are looking for an experienced cook to fill a vacant spot in our kitchen staff and contribute to the overall excellence of our restaurant.
The person we are hoping to employ is first and foremost a skilled, organized, and creative cook. We are looking for someone to work as a team player, follow instructions, and help us delight our customers with delicious food from our menu. In addition to cooking prowess, great communication and organizational skills are paramount.
A good candidate for this job is a person with attention to detail who can keep the kitchen tidy and clean all while preparing, cooking, and arranging food together with the rest of our kitchen staff. We pride ourselves in our exceptional service, and we expect nothing less from our cooks.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Chop vegetables, prepare sauces and other food preparation.
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory
- Ensure all recipes, procedures, storage, rotation and product specifications are followed on a daily basis to ensure our guests dine on high quality and safe food
- Respond quickly and efficiently to food tickets
- Take action and communicate with FOH lead when product levels might be low or running out
- Maintain the highest quality and sanitation practices throughout the shift
- Maintain kitchen and equipment in a \like new\ manner
- Look for ways to minimize waste and reduce breakage of equipment and service ware
- Look for work that needs to be done and always be ready to assist any other teammate that may need your help.
- Complete side work and cleaning procedures before completing your shift
- Must arrive to work on time, well-groomed and in clean attire according to The Casual Pint's appearance standards
We also offer many other great benefits such as:
- Flexible schedule
- Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week.
- Compensation is $12.00 - $15.00/hour.
- Leadership opportunities to gain real world management experience to help you reach your professional goals.
- Competitive pay
- Free and Discounted Meals/Drinks
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Must understand and follow all safety and sanitation procedures
- Must be able to safely and accurately handle kitchen knives and other portioning and food preparation utensils.
- Must be able to properly handle all kitchen equipment and report any equipment that is not functioning
- Must a positive, upbeat personality
- Food Safety certification preferred but not required
- Have the ability to lift and carry 10-55 lbs.
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Cooking/Prep experience or Back of the House experience preferred
- Able to meet all scheduling commitments
- Able to anticipate needs of others in the kitchen and proactively work to meet those needs
- Strong attention to detail
Applicants will also be expected to be able to work on their feet for several hours at a time and lift potentially heavy objects when necessary. Prior experience is preferred, but not necessary.
Welcome to The Casual Pint. We're Craft Beer Centric and it shows in our culture.
A fun spot with an upscale, yet casual atmosphere. The Casual Pint Craft BeerMarket, offers a relaxed, family friendly atmosphere much like a coffee shop, with a focus on Craft Beer and Delicious Food.