Wingstop’s mission is to serve the world flavor. Wingstop is the destination when you crave fresh never faked wings, hand-cut seasoned fries and any of our famous sides. For people who demand flavor in everything they do, there's only Wingstop. We are looking for team members who want to deliver a flavor experience.
A Wingstop cook is responsible to prepare quality food that tastes great and is consistent from day-to-day. This position is critical to Wingstop Restaurants; ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including product preparation maintaining the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customer; follows and comprehends the importance of proper personal hygiene and sanitation procedures. The restaurant cook must be able to successfully focus on their job in a calm, yet efficient manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure that each guest has a positive, long lasting impression of the Wingstop
• Ability to practice safe cooking procedures
• Quickly scan and comprehend the order tickets
• Accurately count the number of Bone-In Wings, Boneless Wings and Boneless
Strips needed for each order
• Coordinate the cooking time of Bone-In Wings, Boneless Wings and Boneless
Strips and fries with the corresponding timer
• According to Wingstop standards; Sauce, Season and package all orders
• Accurately count the cooked Bone-In Wings, Boneless Wings and Boneless
Strips into the proper sauce bowls
• Cook and prepare Bone-In Wings, Boneless Wings and Boneless Strips, and
Fries in the proper fryers and baskets
• Filter and freshen the fryer shortening daily, following all safety procedures and
with proper safety equipment
• Assist in keeping the kitchen clean throughout the shift maintaining clean as you
go and at closing time
• Immediately notify Manager on Duty of all safety, sanitation, or employee issues
• Assist other employees as needed
• Follow directions given by Manager or Supervisor
• Know and thoroughly understand the importance of good hygiene and food
• Ability to thoroughly understand and follow instructions in how to properly and
safely use chemical cleaning products
• Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the customer
• Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
• Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow
• Well organized and detail oriented
• Ongoing learner; exhibits insatiable curiosity and an interest in self improvement
• Has an outgoing personality
• Strong work ethic
• Cook and restaurant experience is a plus!
• Food Handler Certification required
- Employee discount
- Free meals
- Flexible schedule
• Professional cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
• Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
• Line cook: 1 year (Preferred)
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize that people are our finest asset. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion or belief, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law.
We're not in the wing business. We're in the flavor business. It's been our mission to serve the world flavor since we first opened shop in '94, and we're just getting started.
1997 saw the opening of our first franchised Wingstop location, and by 2002 we had served the world one billion wings. It's a flavor that defines us and has made Wingstop one of the fastest-growing brands in the restaurant industry.
Wingstop is the destination when you crave fresh never faked wings, hand-cut seasoned fries, and any of our famous sides. For people who demand flavor in everything they do, there's only Wingstop - because it's more than a meal, it's a flavor experience.