● Preparing workstations, cooking ingredients, and kitchen equipment for cooking.
● Cooking and arranging food.
Cook Job Description:
We are looking for an experienced cook to fill a vacant spot in our kitchen staff and contribute to the overall excellence of our restaurant.
The person we are hoping to employ is first and foremost a skilled, organized, and creative cook. We are looking for someone to work as a team player, follow instructions, and help us delight our customers with delicious food from our menu. In addition to cooking prowess, great communication and organizational skills are paramount.
A good candidate for this job is a person with attention to detail who can keep the kitchen tidy and clean all while preparing, cooking, and arranging food together with the rest of our kitchen staff. We pride ourselves in our exceptional service, and we expect nothing less from our cooks. The advantage goes to candidates with a diploma from a culinary school.
Responsibilities of a Cook:
● Maintaining a sanitized and well-organized kitchen.
● Preparing workstations for cooking.
● Preparing and maintaining kitchen equipment.
● Checking the quality of the ingredients.
● Preparing cooking ingredients using various techniques.
● Cooking food using various culinary techniques.
● Arranging food and ensuring appealing presentation.
● Manage food storage, stock, and ingredient orders.
Cook Job Requirements:
● Must have prior experience as a cook.
● Must be skilled in operating kitchen equipment.
● Must be skilled in various cooking techniques.
● Must know and follow sanitation procedures.
● Must showcase teamwork and communication skills.
● Must showcase great organizational skills.
● Must be able to multitask and act quickly.
● Must carry at least a high school diploma.
Founded by David and Milton Bennett, the first FRISCH’S BIG BOY restaurant in Northwest Ohio was opened in Perrysburg, Ohio. Big Boy units were built in and around the Toledo area in Lucas County. We currently own and operate 11 Frisch's Big Boy Restaurants located throughout Northwest Ohio. We are a franchisee of the Frisch’s restaurant organization in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Bennett Enterprises also owns and operates hotels and restaurants including Hampton Inn in Maumee, Quality Inn in Perrysburg, Ohio, Bruno's Lounge and seven Ralphie's Sports Eatery locations.