Cook 1/Lead Cook is responsible for preparing food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment. Must be able to work and train on all stations in the kitchen as needed.Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work and train on all stations.
- Supervise the cooks and cold prep person’s food production on the front line, check all items against the recipies. Verify that all items are served and presented in a quality manner.
- Monitor the line set up prior to all meal functions to ensure maxium efficiency.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per the SOP, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Monitor the equipment maintenance and kitchen clean as you go policy to ensure strict adherence.
- To assist in cross-training employees and train new employees in their positions on the line.
- To assist the Sous Chef / Banquet Chef in maintaining standards of quality and maintains a professional presence on the line.
- Maintain food & cleanliness standards to ensure that the highest quality products are consistently maintained.
- Possess full knowledge of all matters relating to proper cooking techniques to exceed guest expectations at all times.
- Provide guest services in a highly professional manner exceeding guest expectations at all times.
- Report unsafe work conditions/practices & safety/security violations in accordance with Company policy.
- Perform routine maintenance & cleaning on line equipment.
- Inspect & evaluate physical condition of equipment daily for cleanliness reporting any necessary repairs to your immediate supervisor.
- Manage time & station productivity according to the volume of business in assigned stations.
- Effectively set-up & produce a quality product from all stations in a manner adhering to health department & company standards.
- Can work in high stress & fast paced environment.
- Functions safely & efficiently under extreme kitchen heat conditions.
- Successfully complete all other duties as assigned.
|Education||High school education or equivalent experience.|
|Experience||Two years related culinary experience and a exstensive knowlodge of kitchen operations.|
|Skill||Knowlodge of cooking techniques and practices and procedures. Able to perform non-repetitive analytical work.|
|Education||Able to read, write and speak basic English.|
|Skill||Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two- step instructions. Able to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variation.|
|Education||Able to understand and apply basic mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiply and division in all units of measure) in order to obtain correct dilution ratios, portion control, etc.|
|Experience||Prefer at least 2 years experience working in a high-volume kitchen.|
Source : Professional Hospitality Resources, Inc. and Ocean Beach Club LLC