Great opportunity for Director of Operations or VP Operations that is ready to step up to COO role .
The Chief Operating Officer directs, administers and coordinated the day to day activities of the organization in support of policies, goals and objectives established by the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Collaborates with management in the development and promotion of new and existing services.
- Directs the preparation of short term and long range plans based on broad organizational goals and objectives.
- Develops and installs procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow.
- Establishes operating policies consistent with the Chief Executive Officer’s broad policies and objectives and ensures their execution.
- Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the Executive Director.
- Manages multiple clinical and support services departments.
- Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities and accountability of all operational managers and supervisors are defined and understood.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of all units and departments.
- Directs and supports performance improvement activities for the facility.
- Ensures that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, federal regulations, JCAHO standards and laws governing healthcare operations.
- Maintains an environment of collaboration and cooperation among departments by keeping lines of communication open.
- Responsible for assigning and directing work, counseling, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining personnel.
- Maintains communication with the medical staff and all staff to ensure proper execution of all operational goals.
- Effectively and consistently communicates administrative directive, mission, ethics and goals of the facility to personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years’ experience.
- Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration, preferred
- At least 8-10 years of experience in healthcare operations and administration, preferably in a community health setting.
- STRONG preference for a BSN or MSN (Nursing degree)
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to motivate and organize a team with excellent interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Leadership experience with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Fluency in all Microsoft applications (Office).
- Capable and detail oriented multi-task who can prioritize in demanding situations.
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills with capacity to delegate and provide hands on leadership.