The Controls Engineer, creates robust system architecture and create electrical controls system designs. This individual will develop and maintain machine specifications, process improvements and automation systems. Work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire lifecycle of the product and processes. Ongoing continuous improvement of production functionality is a vital part of the role.
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process requirements, layout complexity, cost, and lead-time limits.
- Design, write, and debug PLC ladder logic with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable. PLC platforms will interact with subsystems such as conveyors, robots, Manufacturing Execution System (MES), machine vision, and other third party equipment.
- Implement (ANSI/RIA15.06/OSHA compliant) control reliable safety systems for safeguarding robots, gantries, conveyors, and other high volume manufacturing equipment.
- Lay out new industrial electrical control panels, which are NFPA79/NEC/UL508A compliant, and create electrical schematics and manage electrical panel build, field wiring and installations.
- Generate easy to use HMI screens for complex machinery while providing error logs and other key data to users.
- Evaluate existing equipment and create solutions to a variety of production limitations, including throughput, cycle time, maintainability, new model accommodation, etc.
- Debug and optimize automated processes to maximize cycle time and machine uptime.
- Insure all designs adhere and comply with all applicable policies and standards.
- Install and startup systems in manufacturing facilities domestically and internationally.
- Develop technology handoff packages for engineering and maintenance.
- Bachelor's in electrical engineering or similar study preferred.
- Experience with drafting and CAD standards
- Experience using independent evaluation, people skills, and planning tools to coordinate projects focused on the delivery of efficient design and engineering change control systems
- Experience managing and interfacing with large scale PDM and ERP systems
- Experience with specific techniques required to perform analysis and designs common to the specific engineering discipline.
- Experience in using design and engineering tools, including:
- PLC software program design
- Electrical controls system design
- Design Reviews
- Engineering design standards
- Personal Computer software including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description