Amsted Rail has an immediate opening for a Control Engineer at its operation in Granite City, Illinois.
Amsted Rail is the world’s leading provider of fully integrated bogie systems for the heavy haul freight market, with facilities spanning 40 locations across 10 countries and 6 continents. Through their state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, Amsted Rail is redefining industry standards for innovation and technology, providing customers worldwide with unmatched performance and reliability for the long haul.
The Controls Engineer is an operations and engineering support position, responsible for the continuous improvement and support of new and existing technical solutions. The OTCE works directly with engineering, maintenance, and operations to ensure technical solutions continue to evolve with the business and manufacturing process. Constant focus on maximizing equipment intelligence, safety and efficiency while looking for ways to minimize repetitive human interactions.
- Drive continuous improvement in all smart plant and equipment objectives
- Design control systems that provide instantaneous feedback to operators and supervisors
- Work with OT Support Engineer and maintenance to create user applications to monitor and control production processes
- Assist Plant Engineering Team with Electrical Engineering design and review for new and existing equipment installations
- Industrial Controller (PLC) programming and Human Machine Interface (HMI) design, development, and troubleshooting
- Wonderware System Platform development and troubleshooting
- Provide formal and informal training on OT systems as system changes are implemented
- Expose data from new and existing sensors for MES data collection
- Automation system support, development, and troubleshooting (Robotics, Vision, Gantry, Storage, etc.)
- Develop and support OT Disaster Recovery processes and procedures
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree desired in Electrical Engineering / Controls Engineering/ Mechatronics or related technical degree
- 0-5 years experience with control system design, PLC & HMI
- Highly effective verbal and written communications skill
- High energy individual, self-starter, results focused, and shares ideas-capable of working independently and with a team
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills- always looking for new technical solutions to solve new and old problems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within all levels of the organization
- Drive and commitment to acquiring new skills and capabilities well past formal education
WORKING FOR AMSTED RAIL:
We are a privately held, 100% employee-owned company! As an Amsted Rail employee, you are an owner. Our commitment to employee’s professional satisfaction includes creating space and opportunities to be creative and an integral part of our innovation journey and business success; for employee’s personal fulfillment, we invest in everyone’s growth and development while ensuring a work environment that values them as an individual, with their unique set of strengths and beliefs.
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. Through our competitive wages, outstanding benefits, and internal development and advancement opportunities, you will have the chance to create a career of which you can be proud, whether inside Amsted Rail or within one of our other five businesses within Amsted Industries.
Benefits include being an employee-owner participating in our ESOP program and benefiting from an additional full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) matching.
Amsted Rail’s commitment to Affirmative Action:
Amsted Rail is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To review our EEO Policies or to request assistance please go to www.amstedrail.com/careers/ and select EEO Compliance/Statements. To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.amstedrail.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description