We are currently seeking a Government Contracts and Compliance Administrator to join the Legal Department of Boyd Corporation. This position will report directly to the SVP, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer and will indirectly report to the VP, Aerospace & Defense. The position will be based in Boca Raton, Florida or remotely located. The Government Contracts and Compliance Specialist will support the Legal and Commercial Aerospace and Defense teams to meet the demands of the Company’s fast-growing global business operations. This role will have the opportunity to interface and collaborate directly with the C-suite and a broad range of business team members.
Boyd Corporation is a world-leading innovator of technologies in material science, engineered material, and thermal management products with $1.3B+ in annual revenue, 50+ facilities and 8,000+ employees worldwide. Boyd’s products are applied to a broad range of end markets, including enterprise electronics, mobile computing, medical technology, eMobility and transportation, aerospace and defense, and other consumer-critical industries. Boyd Corporation is a private equity portfolio company of the Asset Management Division of Goldman Sachs.
We value integrity, hard work, continuous learning and improvement, collaboration, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- In conjunction with the Sales team, administer and negotiate supply contracts with U.S. Aerospace and Defense customers, including NDAs, supply agreements, terms and conditions, FAR/DFAR, etc.
- Advise senior management of contractual rights and obligations and interpretation of contractual terms and conditions - appropriately exercise discretion to escalate matters to Company in-house counsel for support
- Assist in the preparation of subcontracts through identification of prime contract flow-down clauses and obligations
- Together with the Legal team, implement and observe policies, procedures, methods, operating practices and perfromance standards for the Aerospace and Defense business segment
- Assist the Company’s Legal team with building and maintaining an effective U.S. trade compliance program, including administering policies and training programs for ITAR (DDTC), EAR (BIS) and OFAC
- As needed, support the Company’s compliance program for the Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA) and FAR/Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Together with the Legal and operational teams, administer licensing strategies, export/import authorizations and licenses, training, and guidance based upon knowledge of the U.S. export/import regulations and implementation of the Company’s policies and procedures
- Execute operational processes to assure trade compliance through gate reviews of technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits, and export and import shipments
- Member of cybersecurity team in support of the Company’s NIST and CMMC compliance initiatives
- Engage in company ad hoc projects as needed, including M&A, compliance, corporate, etc.
- Effectively engage with the Sales team to accelerate all aspects of the revenue operations and building shareholder value by defining, implementing best practices in the Company’s contracting processes.
- A Bachelor’s or Associates Degree Certificate from an accredited college or university (or sufficient work experience in lieu of degree)
- 5+ years prior experience working with U.S. Government in contracting and compliance matters
- Experience with effectively analyzing, solving and applying U.S. Government regulatory requirements in complex scenarios
- Proficiency with U.S. Governmental contracts - including FAR/DFAR regulatory clauses
- Familiarity with the ITAR, EAR and OFAC and general awareness of NIST and CMMC
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal and communication capabilities
- An ambitious self-starter who is capable of independent function with minimal oversight, yet works well in a team atmosphere and is eager to learn
- Strong competence using MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent organizational and client-service skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize efforts to simultaneously meet multiple project deadlines and expectations
- High level of ethics, values and personal integrity
- Aptitude to cultivate and maintain channels of communication with key business clients and other company personnel