Consumer Lending Assistant Manager
Responsible for supporting the Consumer Lending Manager in the day-to-day operations of the department, including staff management, achievement of production and service goals and ongoing maintenance of all systems, reporting, policies, procedures and documents. In addition;
- Regulatory compliance as it pertains to lending systems and operations
- Accuracy of loan documentation on funded loans and credit cards
- Organizational support with processing, funding and training needs
- Manage service desk (JIRA) as related to systems and operations
Support any organizational initiatives and projects as needed, while working to uncover new opportunities to improve service to our internal and external members.
Provident Credit Union was established in 1950. We rank among the top 10% of credit unions in the US and was recently named the Best Credit Union in California by Forbes for 2021. We believe having a culture that is accepting, supportive, diverse and inclusive makes us all better. We are a winner of the Bay Area News Group Top Work Place 5 years in a row. Our mission is to Listen, Get Better and Do What’s Right for each other and our members.
- Train and coach staff to ensure they are system efficient and knowledgeable, and contributing to the achievement of the department/organization goals and objectives.
- Manage member interactions, including timely resolution of any complaints and issues.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable lending rules, laws and regulations including: Truth-In-Lending Act (TILA) and Regulation Z, Credit CARD Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) and Regulation B, Military Lending Act (MLA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Adherence to BSA and OFAC policies and procedures, including SAR reporting.
- Ensure adherence to security and safety procedures of the organization/department.
- Maintain and develop appropriate internal controls for all areas of responsibility.
- Monitor service standards to ensure adherence, and develop tactics to address any gaps in meeting these service standards.
- Coordinate the lending information needs of all departments and assist with training efforts as they relate to the lending systems, policies and procedures.
- Possess thorough knowledge of Consumer Lending including documentation, compliance, forms and related system configurations and processes.
- Manage the Credit Union's long-term objectives and strategies as they pertain to Consumer Lending and related systems.
- Manage relationship between all vendors and internal departments, working with all parties to ensure lending systems remain functional, up-to-date, useful to users and compliant with defined up-time benchmarks and service level agreements (SLA).
- Manage and develop workflow processes, business rules, controls, reports, vendor interfaces, documentation, and other tools to maximize efficiency and establish standards for high loan quality.
- Ensure that our systems are secure, by providing timely maintenance of user access.
- Coordinate the installation and testing of new software releases, system upgrades, patches and resolution of software related problems and system outages.
- Gather and document business requirements, formulate use cases, track requirements, provide status, and ensure quality of solution throughout a project.
- Develop test plans and pre-UAT testing, documenting and tracking issues, and ensure timely issue resolution, liaising between users and vendor support on rollout of new releases and enhancements.
- Manage updates to documents, reports, workflows, processes and procedures.
- Participate in the design and implementation of analytical tools that improve the effectiveness of data used for making decisions. Contribute to the design and implementation of budget forecasting tools using statistical modeling and other techniques that result in less variability and higher accuracy in the budgeting process.
- Participate in the design and implementation of portfolio management tools that improve pre-payment speed analysis, loss analysis, and credit granting criteria.
- Manage implementation of new products; including testing, procedures and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent listening and speaking skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Complete required BSA & OFAC training annually.
- Understand and adhere to BSA and OFAC policy and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 3+ years of related consumer lending experience
- 3+ years of related staff management experience
- 3+ years of related lending system maintenance
- Working knowledge of California Credit Union rules and regulations, Board Policies, NCUA rules and regulations and Consumer Lending policies and procedures.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of consumer lending operations, including processing, funding, servicing, as well as everything related to DMV operations.
- Prior experience and working knowledge of MeridianLink (LPQ).
- Mathematical aptitude, analytical reasoning and problem resolution.
- CA Driver’s License is required.
Benefits You will enjoy:
- Fully paid health insurance premiums for employees
- Quality medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with up to 150% matching employer contributions
- Strong commitment to investing in your career and educational advancement by offering up to 100% Tuition reimbursement for approved courses
- Annual bonus/profit sharing
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays and additional summer time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Provident membership
- Wellness programs: Yoga, Tai Chi, in-house gym
- Rate discount on home, auto loans and personal loans
- Walking distance to restaurants
- Close proximity to Cal Train
Provident is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a winner of the Bay Area News Group Top Workplace in 2017 - 2021. Check us out on Glassdoor