Walsh is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager for our Heavy Civil Division in Chicago, IL.
Does the idea of working on interesting and complex projects bring you joy? Are you challenged by making meaningful impact? Do you love solving problems by thinking creatively and trying new things? Are you an up-and-coming manager who always wants to do better? If so, we’ve got what you’re looking for!
Walsh Assistant Project Managers hunt for better ways of doing things. They are great listeners and soak up information in order to make better decisions. When they see potential in others, and they invest in it. They are on a journey to be the next generation of impactful leaders!
As a fourth-generation, family-owned business, Walsh recruits individuals who are seeking a small company feel with a large company backing. Walsh is a successful fast-growing company at the forefront of technology and is committed to being the employer of choice to our employees and the builder of choice to our customers.
Walsh is a company where, when you work hard, you will be recognized. If this sounds like you, please apply!Responsibilities:
- Project planning, scheduling and coordination
- Safety and quality control management
- Accurate forecasting and management of budgets
- Change order management
- Managing critical subcontractors
- Manage Project Engineers
- Resolution of problems involving labor disputes, material delivery and contract administration
- Maintain vehicle, equipment, and tools management
- 4+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous construction experience preferred
- Ability to establish relationships and lead people
- Specific roles may require relocation
The Walsh Group offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & Paid US Holidays
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Maternity Leave Policy
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
If hired by The Walsh Group, you must be in compliance with your employment location’s COVID-19 related requirements, if any.
The Walsh Group, Ltd. Is committed to providing equal opportunity to qualified applicants with disabilities to compete for jobs. To request a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, please contact the Human Resources Department at 312-563-5905 or email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran