COMPLIANCE OFFICER LENDING
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Compliance Officer is responsible for working closely with the Compliance Team Lead and Division Risk Manager to design, maintain, implement and enhance the division compliance program, ensuring adherence with all applicable laws, regulations, and regulatory guidance with respect to all Lending transactions, products, and services. This role is also responsible for ongoing monitoring, identification and reporting of risk findings and remedial corrective actions through the development and implementation of a risk and control testing program and conducting Risk Assessments. The position is also responsible for promoting risk awareness and lending compliance guidance within business.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Advocating for a strong lending compliance program, with a focus on lending compliance applicable laws, regulations, and other guidance related to business and operational activities throughout the Business Unit
* Assist in the development, implementation, administration, and monitoring of controls, processes and procedures, that ensure the Business Unit compliance with laws, regulations, and regulatory guidelines.
* Under the direction of the Manager, create testing /validation plans, conduct reviews, and monitor business functions in order to identify and measure adherence to regulatory compliance.
* Evaluate the effectiveness of existing processes and recommend new processes that most effectively anticipate, manage, and reduce risk to the assigned business.
* Conduct Risk Assessment to identify compliance risk exposure and help the division prioritize compliance risks.
* Supports the timely and effective resolution of issues and implementation of recommendations identified through 1st, 2nd 3rd LOD and external regulatory examinations, monitoring and testing
* Analyze findings and perform root cause analysis, distinguishing between various levels of compliance risk.
* Prepare and support corrective action plans with business lines and validate implementation. Identify and assist in resolving compliance and control issues.
* Draft compliance reports that identify significant findings and provide a corrective action/ remediation plan.
* Maintain subject matter expertise and understanding of the laws, rules and regulations with which the Business Unit must comply and an awareness of issues of recent regulatory focus.
* Identify and measure compliance risk issues and escalate to leadership, as well as the 2nd Lines of Defense, as necessary.
* Assess compliance issues presented through complex new/revised product and service offerings and work closely with senior leaders of business units and Lead Compliance Manager to plan a response.
* Ensure the Business Unit adheres to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Bank or regulatory standards and policies.
* Comply fully with all Bank Compliance policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. ECOA, FCRA, HMDA, FDPA, RESPA, Reg. Z, BSA, KYC, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, UDAAP, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum 5 years of experience in financial services
* Minimum 5 years experience in compliance or risk management
* Minimum 3 years of Advanced level experience in Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel
Skills and Knowledge
* Familiarity with OCC Heightened Standards preferred
* Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry preferred.
* Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply logic and give guidance to others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to clients and colleagues.
* Thorough knowledge of related state and Federal banking regulations.
* Demonstrated ability to think critically and facilitate change through collaborative effort. Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
* Ability to analyze lending and deposit compliance situations and provide guidance, make recommendations, and/or escalates the issues to appropriate level of management.
* Ability to work with little or no direct supervision while performing duties.
* Proven ability to effectively train and instruct in a formal classroom or one-on-one environment.
Starting base salary: $100,011 - $125,980 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank