The Commercial Sales Manager West will have responsibility of generating demand and driving specification of ODC branded commercial products on a national level to specific architects, end users, and large buying groups within a specialized market segment. Responsible for market penetration within the US, including MIX, margin and new product management while establishing and maintaining strong business relations.
- Primary responsibility is to grow sales by identifying, prospecting, and selling commercial opportunities and maintaining existing end user customers within the assigned region.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with builders, developers, contractors, engineers, architects and end-user customers.
- Prospecting and cold calling, maintaining consistent customer contact and communication along with aggressive follow up to achieve targeted growth.
- Maintaining call reports, communicate new business opportunities and market intelligence to the organization.
- Responsible for developing territory sales budgets and individual account goals, promoting product loyalty.
- Directs customer sales efforts by utilizing point of sale material and advertising programs.
- Capture and control online leads including mining to generate new leads
- Ensures effective channels of communications are maintained in all levels of sales, management, production, and customer service.
- Analyzes competitor activities in relationship to product, pricing, promotions, and new products, etc.
- Analyzes customer needs as related to product forecasting, problem solutions, personnel training, and most other activities related to maintaining a sales force.
- Responsible for effective management and sales of current and new product introductions to current and new customers. Focus on conveying our commercial value proposition and expertise in the industry.
- Call on and educate/train general contractors and architects that serve targeted commercial solutions to influence and drive specification.
- A minimum of five to eight years of sales management experience, two to five years selling an engineered and/or technical product.
- Sales management experience with proven track record to grow sales in assigned territory, preferably on a Regional level.
- Must possess a strong mechanical/technical aptitude and be good with numbers.
- An understanding of the construction industry with the ability to read, understand blue prints, specifications and perform take-offs.
- Must also understand both pricing and P&L as it relates to customers.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to demonstrate our brand to both small and large groups with marketing tools and manuals.
- Good listening skills.
- An enthusiastic, energetic individual with a commanding presence and strong customer relationship building skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Must be a self-motivated professional with the ability to engage, possessing excellent selling skills.
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills; responsible time management and timely reporting required.
- Ability to think and operate both short and long term, be able to hit sales numbers without sacrificing long term goals.
- Must possess computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or 4-6 years related job experience.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- Home office
- Extensive travel