At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Lending Services, we document, fund, and service all loans for First Republic. We’re also responsible for servicing investor and collateral loan portfolios, as well as responding to client and loan team inquiries. Lending Services provides operational support in streamlining workflow processes, driving product development, and providing training, lending compliance support, and professional development resources. Additionally, we provide operational risk and internal control oversight, support lending-based systems and vendors, and manage technology projects across First Republic product lines.Â :
Lending Services is looking for a skilled lending professional to join our Commercial Loan Servicing team. As a Commercial Loan Servicing Specialist, you will be responsible for boarding and updating all types of accounts to the Bank’s loan accounting system including all complex bookings from both the Business and Commercial Real Estate product lines. This includes the handling of payments and advances, reviewing and understanding all types of loan documentation, processing of outside council bookings, maintenance transactions of various complexities, monitoring and updating collateral, producing monthly and quarterly reporting, and responding to detailed questions from both internal departments and clients.
What you’ll do as a Commercial Loan Servicing Specialist:
- Consult with Business Banking, Secondary Marketing, and Closing on new loan requests, modifications, and renewals to establish loan structure and servicing requirements.
- Liaison between First Republic and Member Banks on syndication transactions.
- Liaison between Business Banking, Loan Teams, and the loan servicing team.
- Identify and escalate potential servicing impacts related to CCLOC and Syndication loans.
- Establish and improve processes for CCLOC advances and syndication transactions such as advances, payments, and notifications.
- Responsible for boarding of syndication and capital call line of credit facilities.
- Responsible for processing outgoing and incoming wires for syndication loans.
- Responsible for sending Advance, Payment, Rate Reset notification to the member banks and loan teams.
- Identify and escalate potential servicing impacts related to Syndication loans.
- Liaison between First Republic, Member Banks, and Loan Teams on syndication transactions.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities or as assigned by supervisor.
- Accurately and efficiently process financial and non-financial transactions to loan accounts.
- Review loan funding documents for completeness, determine serviceability, and board the loan terms into the loan accounting system.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- High school diploma. Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Two to three years of experience in loan operations or related lending experience.
- Knowledge of AFS, CLO and/or OnBase preferred.
- Knowledge of residential and commercial loan systems (IBS, ML and/or IL) and operations, a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with the following loan products a plus: Term Loans, Lines of Credit, Commercial Real Estate, Construction Loans, Standby Letters of Credit.
- Ability to interact comfortably with individuals within the organization at several levels, in addition to verbal and written interaction on complex items where customer/vendor interaction includes basic loan resolution.
- Proactive individual able to operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment, especially at month and quarter end.
- Must be adept at successfully meeting goals in a highly fluid work environment.
- Quick learner and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to quickly forge effective working relationships with a variety of personalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Provides extraordinary service.
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
- Able to deal with ambiguous situations.
- Process and deadline oriented.
- Must be able to provide extraordinary service and have fun!
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.