All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws and regulations when performing their job duties. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by Chase Commercial Banking, including Commercial Term Lending specific training.
Key Contacts/Communications: Primary interaction is with internal business partners (Client Specialists, Regional Field Operations Managers, Client Managers, Appraisal, Insurance, Flood, Credit, Closing, Operations Managers, Legal and Compliance).
The nature of communication activities involves influencing others through resourcefulness, tact, judgment and diplomacy in the presentation and discussion of matters of a complex nature. Advise others, influence, sell or promote, convince others and persuade to a specific action that supports business objectives and customer requirements.
• General office practices and customer service skills, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships as required by specific job duties.
• Operation of standard office equipment, including desktop or laptop computer, dual monitors, printers and scanners.
• General knowledge of software applications and automated and/or manual loan document and closing systems, as required by specific job duties.
• State and federal regulatory/reporting requirements pertaining to the assigned function.
• Internal policies, standards, procedures and practices to the assigned function.
• Understanding of collateral requirements with general exposure to loan documentation.
• Content, intent and application of local, state, federal laws/regulatory requirements, as they relate to the assigned function.
• Content and application of Bank's loan programs/products as they pertain to commercial real estate lending.
• Knowledge of accounting standards and practices and their application to loan processing and reporting activities.
• Knowledge of commercial real estate collateral requirements with exposure to multi-family, commercial, industrial, income property and real estate loan documentation, policies, practices and regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of the appraisal process.
• Understanding of moderately-tiered borrowing entities, including, but not limited to, trusts, corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and tenants in common.
• Basic knowledge of specialized loan documents (estoppels, subordinations, etc.).
• Prior work experience in loan processing and terminology.
DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO:
General Office: Filing, general office machines, typing with use of word processing, knowledge of business format for typed documents, proofreading, spelling, punctuation, grammar, open, deliver and respond to e-mail, answer phones, and set priorities.
Data and Analysis: Research and classify data using systematic procedure, interpret data, compile results using known formula, study a situation or problem to determine resolution, merge multiple sets of data, identify alternative course of action, interpret meaning of information, formulate conclusions, decide course of action based on analysis and within scope of authority.
Math: Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, accounting fundamentals relating to debits/credits and their relationship to the General Ledger.
Organization: Make decisions and take actions within scope of authority, establish proper record keeping systems.
Communications: Communicate effectively with diverse groups and individuals. Clearly conveys information and ideas, listens and responds timely and appropriately to Sales and external contacts throughout the entire loan process. The nature of communication activities involve exchanging routine and non-routine information, defining and articulating requirements/standards, internal and external policies and procedures, providing guidance to others, troubleshooting problems where there is a requirement to justify a viewpoint/position, in order to meet time sensitive deadlines. Minimize or eliminate probable errors that would have a significant impact on operations, lending relationships and risk exposure to the bank.
Training Requirements: The incumbent must have successful knowledge of the following:
- Residential or commercial real estate lending
- Title Insurance review
Service: Face-to-face, telephone or electronic service, respond to and follow-up on complaints and problems, refer customers to appropriate person(s), and maintain product and service knowledge. As needed, explain services and turn-times.
• High school diploma or GED;
• Bachelor's Degree preferred or;
• 3-5 years related job experience with knowledge of residential or commercial real estate loan processing concepts and related government regulations to independently prioritize, organize and execute loan processing functions to meet time sensitive and mandatory delivery deadlines in a high volume, regulatory environment.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.