Guided by our values since 1875, American National Bank of Texas strives, through the power of relationships, to be the preferred bank of choice for individual and business customers in the communities that we serve. Building relationships with our customers, employees, and communities are at the core of everything we do. At ANBTX, each individualâ€™s work truly matters in building and maintaining these relationships.
From the words of our CEO, Robert Hulsey, â€œWeâ€™re invested because we live in these communities, too, and weâ€™ve built personal connections with our customers that go beyond just being their bank.â€
As part of ANBTX, you will be a part of an organization that fosters financial strength and stability, encourages growth and advancement, and promotes open communication at all levels. This is why we have been voted Top 100 Best Places To Work 12 times!
ANBTX offers additional benefits like profit-sharing and an employee stock ownership plan, with annual contributions tied to profits; immediate eligibility for a 401(k) plan and match; free life insurance, long-term disability, critical illness and telemedicine benefits plus a generous tuition reimbursement and student loan payment program.
The Commercial Lender is accountable for business development and sales of the bank's products and services. The Lender is also responsible for developing and managing a loan portfolio, working with others in facilitating the underwriting and loan closing processes. Additional duties:
- Calls on potential or existing customers to develop new business and increase or retain existing business
- Makes and services a wide variety of business and individual loans, both secured and unsecured
- Cross-sells bank products and services
- Manages and mentors lending assistants and portfolio managers as assigned
- Interviews applicants, typically at their place of business, to develop credit information in order to determine if a loan is an acceptable risk
- Develops strong centers of influence and serves within community organizations and functions
- Manages a $20+ million loan portfolio, and expands existing relationships within the portfolio
- Makes decisions on loans and terms within established lending limits or makes recommendations to a supervisor
- Follows current loan and credit lines to ensure complete compliance with terms
- Bachelor's degree preferred; Finance or Accounting degree preferred
- 7+ years of formal credit training and lending experience
- Experience in commercial lending
- Strong analytical skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Word; basic keyboarding and calculator skills
- Must be able to do simple math and carry out written instructions
- Lifting in an office setting may be required up to 30 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer