Sayres is a leader in defense support services to the US Navy and DCSA. Our 300+ program support experts empower our customers' senior leadership with long term planning and analytics, insightful decision making, and day-to-day operations. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Sayres has offices in California, Maine, and Alabama.
From acquisition strategy and planning to full-cycle fleet operations and personnel training, our deeply experienced subject matter experts provide support for our Maritime clients through engineering, management, and administration.
As a proud partner of the DoD, we support our counterintelligence and security clients in the execution of investigations and analysis required to secure the DoD's supply chain. Supporting our Warfighter every step of the way.
Recently ranked in the "Best Places to Work", Sayres hires and retains the industry's top Defense talent. The Sayres team prides itself on being committed to continuous learning, strengthening our customer-first approach, and transforming the future of the U.S. Navy and DCSA.
Sayres is seeking a Combined IAMD & ASW Trainer (CIAT) Senior Systems Engineer with a current SECRET clearance, verifiable in DISS in San Diego, CA.
The Combined Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) and Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Trainer (CIAT) system consist of highly complex processor-intensive, COTS, open system architecture designed to provide watch standers with the ability to train in the configuration and employment of the AEGIS combat system against realistic threats. CIAT shore-based trainers will be located at forward deployment sites of San Diego (SD) and Norfolk (NOR). PMS 339 Surface Training Systems (STS) has established an on-site maintenance model consisting of a Technical On-Site Agent (TOSA) government representative with Contractor Maintenance Support (CMS) responsible for maintaining operational availability of the training systems. Specific Senior Systems Engineer Duties:
- Daily capture of trainer operational status and fault details and recommendations to the Government whether the trainer can be operated in degraded mode, be fully recovered into a RFT state, or needs to be brought offline for corrective maintenance.
- Collect pertinent log, archive, system files, and equipment conditions for detailed analysis when trainer operational faults occur. Diagnose and debug operational problems in trainers on a not-to-interfere basis with Government trainer utilization.
- Respond to operational failures in order isolate the failure and determine operational impacts. Make add/remove recommendations to the Government to increase operational availability or reduce total ownership costs (TOC).
- Perform system administration duties (e.g. purge log files, archive data, maintain user accounts, update passwords, scanning, and compliance reporting) on trainer equipment in accordance with performance specification requirements using Government approved procedures.
- Implement immediate corrective actions to eliminate the emergency conditions while maintaining the safety of personnel in the case of any emergency condition (that poses immediate danger to personnel or the threat of equipment damage). - Prepare an assessment of trainer equipment damaged and identify resulting risks posed to personnel or equipment following a catastrophic event (e.g. disasters such as earthquake, hurricane and facility fire).
- Record and track all preventative maintenance activities using a collaborative workspace such as eSKED. Conduct preventative maintenance and update maintenance status on repair actions to the Government.
- Operationally secure all trainer equipment at the conclusion of operational use. - Update IPDM to reflect Trainer Fault Analysis, Trainer Trouble and Deficiencies System Corrective/Maintenance Actions, Trainer Startup/Shutdown Procedure Redlines and Trainer Maintenance/Operator manuals and/or training material redlines as required. - Develop a Trainer Operations Manual to document standard operational procedures (SOP) needed to support the trainer site.
- Eight years of professional experience working as a Firecontrolman, Electronics Technician, Information Systems Technician in providing technical support related to the design, development, production, or testing of shipboard systems.
- Six years full-time hands-on experience in installation, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or testing of any one major shipboard system/equipment.
- Security Plus Certification.
- Operating System Certification.
- Secret Clearance verifiable in DISS.
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
COVID Vaccination Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Sayres and Associates LLC's vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated. New employees must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Please note, customer site vaccination requirements, if stricter, will take precedence over Sayres vaccination policy. Prospective employees can submit questions regarding the COVID vaccination policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.