If you are located within Concord, CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
It takes a special person to be effective in stressful situations. In fact, it takes a gifted, diplomatic and persistent person who can see past the challenge to a successful outcome. If that's you, get with us because this role at UnitedHealth Group is all about special. You'll consult directly with our customers who have outstanding medical bills to identify reasons for late payments and set up payment plans that are mutually agreeable. It's an important role and it will take all of your skills. Join us and discover the exceptional training, support and opportunities to grow that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm PST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 5003 Commercial Cir, Concord, 94520.
We offer 4 weeks of paid training.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Perform daily, systematic reviews of unpaid accounts for the appropriate government, managed care, or commercial source in the assigned accounts receivable, identifying the correct responsible party for any unpaid balances.
- Contact identified payer sources to resolve problems or issues with payment release.
- Focus attention on payers with complex follow-up requirements, accounts with high dollar balances, aged accounts, and other advanced follow-up scenarios.
- Transmit required documentation to third party payers for the purpose of resolving payments.
- Ensure all payer contact is fully documented in the appropriate software application.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent years of working experience
- 1+ years of Epic experience
- 2+ years of previous experience of hospital insurance collections
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Reside within Concord, CA
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Windows and navigation, mouse and keyboarding skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #Yellow