With over 90 years of customer-focused performance, Boyd Corporation has evolved as a market leader in engineered rubber, plastic, metal, flexible environmental sealing & energy management solutions. Boyd is a unique supplier, valuing our people as our most important resource. With our best-in-class technical sales associates, sales support service teams & field application, quality, & manufacturing engineers, Boyd offers total global solutions to enhance the performance & manufacturability of your products. Our cost-effective, tight-tolerance, global manufacturing capabilities ensure superior total landed cost as well as reliability throughout the product life cycle.
Operate C.N.C. machinery to perform machining operations on metal work pieces to specific specifications. Responsible for maintaining quality and safety standards, housekeeping, process integrity, monitoring of calibration of all measuring equipment used and monitoring machinery and tools to ensure safe correct and optimum performance, while maintaining professional conduct in the workplace.
Job Purpose: Operate C.N.C. machinery to perform machining operations on metal work pieces to specific specifications. Responsible for maintaining quality and safety standards, housekeeping, process integrity, monitoring of calibration of all measuring equipment used and monitoring machinery and tools to ensure safe correct and optimum performance, while maintaining professional conduct in the workplace.
- Get job assignment and communicate with the previous operator briefly, before the beginning of the shift.
- Before starting the machine, perform a quick check to ensure that safe and correct operations of the machine is possible.
- Verify the paperwork, print number, revision levels, operation sequence, materials, program and check sheet are all correct and consistent.
- To insure that the check sheet dimensions are consistent with the print, run the first set of parts and check the parts dimensions against the print.
- Run jobs in an efficient, organized and safe manner, meeting or exceeding the hourly rate, while following the work instructions on the print and/or work order sequence. Must clock in and out of the work order and sequence.
- Maintain the work flow and perform quality audits as required to ensure that the product meets or exceeds the customer specifications.
- Deburr parts following the work instructions on the work order sequence or on the print.
- Make adjustments as required, with proper authorization.
- Change worn or broken tooling using appropriate procedures.
- Job Scope
Job Complexity: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with a few concrete variables in standardized and controlled situations.
- Supervisory Responsibility: Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Contacts/Interaction: Frequently works with peers and occasionally interfaces with management.
- Decision Making: Has low to moderate decision making responsibility. Failure to make accurate decisions will have an impact on scrap, which is a tracked matrix and impacts department’s/company’s success. Has a wide variety of resources available from which to make decisions.
Educational Background (minimum level needed to perform) and/or Previous Work Experience (minimal level years and what kind):
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred, plus 1-2 years of manufacturing experience.
- Special Skills and Abilities (computer, language, interpersonal skills, etc.
- Ability to read write and comprehend basic work instructions and communications. Basic understanding and comprehension of technical language tools and specifications.
- Blue Print Reading
- Basic Shop Math
Licenses Needed, Certifications, Special Training Courses