Get the benefits of being in a union!!
- Full benefits covered
- Retirement for life
- Time and half is paid for anything over 8 hours per day
- Saturdays are time and a half pay
- Sundays and holidays are double pay
- Schooling of your trade is also covered and free
Must be willing to work overtime plus most Saturdays.
A Machinist/CNC Programmer is responsible for producing parts from engineering drawings using both CNC and manual toolroom equipment. Parts produced typically include work holding, prototypes, gauging, and other tooling.
- Set up and operate toolroom equipment, both manual and CNC
- Produce parts from engineering drawings.
- Select appropriate tooling for each job
- Establish appropriate machining method for each job
- Perform tooling / mold modifications as directed
- Works with the Engineering team for implementation of recommended changes and improvements to products
- Provides technical support for production departments
- Completion of a 2 year vocational school degree in Machine Tool Operation or equivalent job experience
- Demonstrated skills in Mastercam or similar CAM software program
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized, and have the ability to multi-task
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills