TAIT Towers is the Market Leader in designing, constructing, and delivering world-class solutions for live experiences.
Whether it's creating awe-inspiring spectaculars, complex touring stages, theatre engineering solutions, brand activations or cruise ship installations, TAIT delivers world-class solutions for live experiences. With its proprietary entertainment automation platform, custom-made products, and creative engineering, TAIT's cutting-edge offerings continue to advance industry standards and exceed client expectations. As a global network of over 900 employees in 14 office locations, TAIT has worked on projects in over 30 countries, all 7 continents and even outer space. TAIT's diverse group of clients include Taylor Swift, Cirque Du Soleil, The Metropolitan Opera House, NASA, National Geographic, Beyoncé, and The Olympics.
The CNC Operator I produces finished parts and surfaces to specification from sheets of raw material including, but not limited to, wood, plastic, and aluminum by utilizing various brands of CNC routers. This position requires the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment that has changing demands throughout the course of the shift, so flexibility is essential.
*This is a weekend shift position, which is eligible for a 25% shift differential. The standard days and hours for this shift are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 5:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m..
- Understand the capabilities of the CNC routers
- Set up and operate CNC routers based upon input provided by CNC Routing Programmers
- Determine changes in program as required during the prove out phase
- Transfer sheet goods onto in-feed tables, router tables, and out-feed tables
- Tooling setup, offsetting, and wear recognition / breakage detection
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders and company policies and procedures
- Conduct quality control by Inspection of materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
- Router machine maintenance
- Complete assignments and production sequences to meet production goals & schedules based on input from CNC Routing Programmers, as well as Machine Shop Management.
- Deliver finished parts / surfaces to other areas of the manufacturing plant
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures as well as sanitation regulations
- Manage priorities as they change throughout a shift
- Accurately capture all labor hours and material in Epicor
- Perform other duties as assigned, including those outside area as necessary
Requirements: Education, Experience & Skills
- High School Diploma, GED, or trade school graduate, or 1 to 3 years of practical router experience
- Basic level operation of all available CNC Routers in regard to CNC controls as well as operation
- Able to read G and M codes
- Proficiency in math
- Attention to detail
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Experience using MS Office preferred
- Experience using Epicor, Slack, and/or Box applications a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to work in other departments as necessary to assist with projects
- Flexibility with work schedule, including some weekends, holidays, and different shifts as required; ability to work OT as needed
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to frequently walk, bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat, stoop, kneel each day. Specific requirements are:
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift or move 30-40 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 30-40 lbs.
- Must be able to pull or push 30-40 lbs.
Work conditions of the role are:
- Work conditions may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks which require following basic safety precautions
- Must be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to work within or visit areas where required. This includes, safety glasses, reflective vest, ear plugs, steel toed shoes, and other PPE as required by the location