CLOUD SRE SENIOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Cloud SRE is responsible for the innovation, support, and governance of enterprise core system platforms within City National Bank's cloud infrastructure. The individual is an expert around the operationalization of cloud infrastructure by leveraging reusable code patterns for infrastructure services, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, and container solutions. The individual will work closely with application development, information security, and engineering teams, bridging the gap between Engineering and Operations, ensuring top quartile metrics are surpassed.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Deploy secure, resilient, scalable, and highly available infrastructure and cloud services, surpassing relevant metrics and key performance indicators for CNB’s cloud infrastructure platforms.
* Collaborate with Cloud Engineers, Information Security, Operations, and Product Vertical teams to operationalize new capabilities and provide proactive support to cloud services.
* Maintenance of operational policies, procedures, incident response, and runbooks for operational team consumption.
* Participate in cost governance through the identification and implementation of cost savings opportunities through automation and optimization of resource utilization.
* Implementation of code adhering to security governance and compliance, following a DevSecOps methodology to ensure security controls are proactively implemented leveraging automation and configuration management toolsets.
* Contribute to the definition of technologies enabling effective management across all components of CNB’s hybrid cloud platform.
* Build best-in-class solutions for monitoring, alerting, and proactive management of core cloud infrastructure components.
* Participate in the adoption of our Infrastructure-as-Code practices through inner sourcing and crowd sourcing throughout the organization to ensure continuous optimization of code.
* Take a creative solutioning approach towards problem solving and debugging to resolve system related issues.
* Implement automation to support zero-downtime infrastructure changes across multiple platforms.
* Contributes to the management of the RCA, incident processes, and risk analysis of CNB’s cloud services.
* On-call support in cases of production impacting issues and incidents.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
* Minimum 8 years of experience in IT engineering and operations.
* Minimum 6 years of experience in software / infrastructure DevOps engineering.
* Minimum 6 years of experience with administration and support of public and private cloud platforms.
Skills and Knowledge
* Advanced experience in administering, troubleshooting, implementing server (IaaS) and serverless (PaaS, SaaS) cloud native technologies, cloud hosting services (Azure), storage, backup, and disaster recovery.
* Advanced experience in Azure Policy, Azure Log Analytics, and Azure Monitor solutions.
* Advanced experience in automation (Terraform), scripting (PowerShell), and configuration management toolsets (Chef, Ansible).
* Advanced experience in administering, troubleshooting, and implementing containers (Kubernetes, AKS).
* Advanced experience in GIT and parallel development, branching strategies and methodologies.
* Strong understanding of networking technologies.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with senior leadership, IT management, application owners, engineers, and developers.
* Project management using agile methodologies.
Starting base salary: $119,012 - $154,574 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank