Job Family Definition:
Set and maintain quality standards for company products through the use of systematic processes. Develops, modifies, and executes software test strategies, plans and suites. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. May develop tools and environments to automate test execution. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
Management Level Definition:
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads multiple project teams of other software quality assurance engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of quality assurance for complex products and platforms, including testing strategy, analysis, coding, results evaluation, and proposed corrective actions.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development and quality assurance partners on software and firmware design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with quality assurance guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software quality assurance leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software quality assurance organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with multiple software quality assurance tools and processes.
- Evaluating forms and processes for software testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture and software design for products and solutions.
- Experience with design and integration of software running on multiple platform types.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiateoptions at senior management levels.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.