Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE GreenLake is at the vanguard of HPE's current and future strategy to become the industry leader in Edge to Cloud platforms. Launched over 2 years ago, the GreenLake brand has since grown to become the market leader for on-premises IT-as-a-service, leading the category with over 35% global unaided awareness. HPE GreenLake brings the modern cloud IT experience to the data and applications clients can't or won't put into the public cloud.
The HPE GreenLake Cloud Platform team is building HPE’s next generation cloud platform. We partner with the entire company, and power HPE’s transformation to as a service company.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities
You will work on ensuring modern cloud applications built using emerging distributed cloud computing technologies. We are looking for Cloud software QA Automation engineers to join our engineering team. The team is building the platform and numerous applications that run on it to deliver cutting-edge campus and branch networking from the cloud, especially for our flagship Aruba Central offering. This position provides the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to contribute to building the platform and applications on a top distributed backend. Be part of a fast-paced engineering team and learn how to build solu‐ tions that make a difference.
* Very strong background developing automation for SaaS and distributed systems
* Responsible for test strategies, implementing and supporting automation scripts and automation frameworks for web services.
* Few years with distributed systems in a production environment, automating for scalable and resilient cloud services.
* Strong concepts of SQL or NoSQL databases.
* Well versed with automation for cloud applications that run on popular public cloud services such as AWS and Azure.
* Ability to mentor and technically lead small teams to achieve big things.
Our Minimum Requirements For This Role Are
* Relevant industry experience of 8 or more years.
* Minimum education at BS or MS level in Computer Science or related fields.
* Proven record of Python based automation, contributing to released software.
* Solid grasp of computer science concepts including data structures, object-ori‐ ented design, distributed computing and cloud computing paradigms.
* Ability to think and operate as a team player
Our Desired Skills Are
* Day-to-day working knowledge of integration test frameworks and strong scripting experience, preferably with Python
* You have experience with Kubernetes based cloud stacks, working knowledge of popular SQL/ NoSQL databases and modern open source infrastructure services.
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, including with remote teams. Ability to learn complex technology quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
* Must be able to multi-task, manage details and keep sight of overall objectives
Tech we use
* Backend: Python, Java or Go
* Frontend: Angular, React
* Data: Redis, Kafka, Postgres and Cassandra
* Infrastructure: Docker and Kubernetes, AWS, Azure and bare-metal Metrics and
* logs: New relic, Humio, Grafana and Prometheus
* Test framework: PyTest
* Continuous delivery pipelines: Jenkins, Spinnaker
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.